Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Botched credit check

Last week I signed up for Verizon's Broadband wireless plan. It turns out that they have the wrong social security number connected to my account. I have no idea how this happened (although I should have been suspicious when they made me put down a 400 dollar deposit.) I have to go to a Verizon store and straighten this out, but I was just wondering if anybody with knowledge of credit checks knows how this could have went through?
Old 12-07-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Botched credit check

Since you had to put down such a big deposit, it probably rejected the credit check for wrong info. It would be the same result as having no credit history.

When I was 18, I got a cellie from them and had to lay down $200 because I had no credit history. Sucked ass waiting 2 years to get that $ back.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Botched credit check

They could have put in the wrong #, a simple typo. Maybe their agent had a computer glitch and pulled the wrong info. I used to work for a collection agency and one time, they pulled wrong credit reports for people and sent a bunch of letters to the wrong people. course, that company was terrible.