Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-02-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Bounty Question

In a home game that we have once a month, we've been withholding $25 to the player that wins the most money during the year so there's $300 and it gets paid exclusively to the first place player. I'm in third place and can only win the prize if 1) enough people show up 2) the 2nd and third place players make no money (or possibly if they just win their money back) and 3) I win the tournament.

Should I play differently against the first and second place players? If so how? They'll probably want to make sure to get some $$, and they also probably want to make sure that the other two in the top three don't get $$. Should I play more aggressively against them since the value of knocking them out is higher to me?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Bounty Question

what is the value of winning that tournament? is it greater than the seasonal winner total?

I'd just play smart poker, win that tournament and the rest takes care of itself, if you try and target one of the others recklessly (say, with marginal hands) and hose up your tourny chances, then you get ZERO part of season and zero on this tourny. Just play smart.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Bounty Question

It depends upon how many show but if it's like last month first is worth 190 so about 2/3 of the $300 prize. 2nd pays about $135.