Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Guy beating up his girlfriend on the street

What if she just wouldn't listen to him?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's to the thread, not you. (I think; it was a different post the first time I checked)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah . . . I'd wager that he meant that guy.

It takes a real genius to exponentially increase the odds of his daughter being daddyless at some point in the future.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:54 PM

I vote that you did the smart and correct thing.

Personally I would have probably approached (and I generally keep an eye out for weapons of opportunity about)

I was living in richmond at one point and something very similar happened in my front lawn. So my dog is going apeshit barking and I look outside and there is this dude that just smacked this woman hard enough to knock her to her knees. Now I don't like people on my land so I immideiatly open the door yell something to the guy like "Hey, that's enough take it away from here." or some such. The guy turns and does a "F#ck you" and sticks the old middle figer out. So I grab his finger torgue it forward and hit him in the throat when he leans in nice and close. Two hits to the stomach and I throw him to the ground, give him a kick. I take one step and turn to the chick. I hear "You F$cking b#tch!" at this point I catch her fist in the head, and she jumps on me as starts smacking an bunching me. I actually was a moron and didn't outright clock her so I ended up getting knocked to the ground. Of course the guy happens to be getting up at this point too. So suddenly I hear the guy start screaming like a little girl and the woman yells out as my dog (who had ripped through the screen door) decides she wants to be invovled to and has proceeded to bite and claw the woman on top of me.

What follows is a strange and awkward period of me getting my dog under control and the idiots (who apparently were terrified of dogs) leaving holding each other and yelling the occasional F*ck you from a safe distance.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:54 PM

If you had saved her you could have gotten some pssy
Old 11-14-2005, 01:59 PM

Not to hijack but I agree 100%. Getting a concealed permit is such a freakin pain in the butt that anyone who has one is usally someone willing to do things ABC by the book. The nut job that scares me is the jersey kid that just bought a little glock off his pot dealer and is anxious to show the world how "ganster" he is.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:32 PM

This is about my play in the situation. Multiple rapes have occured near my house and 1)that ain't cool, 2)it brings lots of police around a house which the police should not be driving around frequently (though I won't mention why, everyone take a guess). So if I walk out to this crap, I'm definatly getting ivolved. But first I'm walking back in the house and waking up my two roommates and my nice Boxer/German Shepard/Lab mix that loves everyone unless they make any kind of gesture to me. Then she puts them on the ground. Also, we grab something along the lines of pool cues/golf clubs and walk outside. At this point its a very simple matter of walking up and politely informing the guy that hitting women just isn't right and that he needs to go somewhere else. Also, I try to get some pussy for being a hero.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:22 PM

I think you played it well. My brother was in a situation very similiar last year. Walking home at like 1:30, he sees a woman run out of subway and 2 guys kind of tackle her. They are all like mid 30's looking and the woman is screaming. My brother walks towards them and says "hey! whats going on". They tell him nothing is, and that he shouldn't worry about it. The woman is still screaming, and he is unsure what to do, but decides he's not leaving. One of the guys is a beast, looks like he is on steriods (that is his description, and he is a big guy himself) and for some reason decides to charge my brother. As he is running he trips on the ice. The commotion attracts the attention of a bouncer nearby, and then some other kids walking home. Soon they have a whole group and start closing in on the 2 bad guys. They make a break for it, police are called and 30 minutes later they show up with the big guy in the back the police car.
While I think this story is totally cool, my brother would most likely be seriously [censored] up had that guy not tripped on the ice.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Most of the Time.........

........Minding your own business is the best policy.

If it is a true assault then call the cops. I could tell some stories of women using would be "rescuers" to get back at their boyfriends. But I don't feel like it.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:19 PM

Well done.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:25 PM

I would have called anonymously - the worst part of calling the police would be getting summoned to court as a witness.