Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: T7s.

I definitely fold this preflop.

Flop and turn looks good.

River is though... I would probably call.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:33 PM

i pot this 100% of the time on the turn multi way. u have to call this river bet. u said his river bet scared u, u have to call though, u showed weakness on the turn and he has to have a wider range here than just fh's. i think u see bare trips and str8s enough to make in +ev.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:50 PM

Alright, here is my analysis:

Preflop: I figured there would be at least 4-5 people in on the flop. It was only 3xBB. I have T7s, a [censored] hand currently, but with lots of potential. I am not going broke on a flop of T34.

Flop: Preflop raiser bets $6 again into a field of 4 players on a drawheavy, painted board. This should've been read as weak by me and raised. I am ticked off that I did not do this. I just call for some reason.

Turn: Bingo. This card isn't THAT grand for me IMO. Yes, it has made my flush. But I've played it exactly as a flush. Anyways, I still need to bet. I only bet $24. I wanted to keep in a drawing hand such as A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or maybe a straight? The only other redraws against me are a set and 2 pair, and given the action on the flop, neither of these were likely. Still, a little more would've been better.

River: Villain leads into me. I am getting like 3:1 and instacall it. Raising here is awful IMO, and folding is iffy. I think if I would've been able to pause time and brainstorm this hand then, like I have now.. I'd still call, but I'd be VERY sure I was beat. 3:1 is too good for me, heh.

Please note that all of this could've been avoided had I raised that pansy ass flop bet.

-----
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (7 handed)

Hero ($249.30)
Button ($168.55)
SB ($153.20)
BB ($102.20)
UTG ($111.85)
MP1 ($334.55)
MP2 ($191)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $5, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($26) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6, SB calls $6, UTG calls $6.

Turn: ($50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, SB calls $24, UTG folds, MP1 folds.

River: ($98) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $40</font>, Hero calls $40.

Final Pot: $178

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Jh Js (full house, jacks full of kings).
Hero has 7d Td (flush, king high).
Outcome: SB wins $178. </font>
-----
Old 11-13-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i pot this 100% of the time on the turn multi way. u have to call this river bet. u said his river bet scared u, u have to call though, u showed weakness on the turn and he has to have a wider range here than just fh's. i think u see bare trips and str8s enough to make in +ev.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this folds out nearly everything I want in.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pre flop call is fine -- in fact folding would be disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding PF certainly wouldn't be disgusting. Obviously an argument can be made (and was made by Skeme in a post above) for calling, but folding isn't wrong by any means.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:20 PM

I concur. Folding here is fine.