Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Stars 20 FT hand

Background: 20+2 Stars MTT (590 players)At one point in the tourney I was 156th out of 157 players after a bad beat on a squeeze play gone wrong. I had to play super aggressive and win some garbage pushes to get back in it. I was the chip leader at FT until I called short stack’s push with my AK and lost to his JQ about 2 orbits ago. We are now 6 handed. Everybody seems to play pretty well. Nobody has been caught and shown an unreasonable hand yet. Play is aggressive and open opportunities have been scarce.

12K/6K blinds + antes (1000?)

BB/Hero 120K
SB 150K
BTN 90K
CO 90K
UTG+1 100K
UTG 180K

Hero is dealt K8o

Folded to SB, SB raises to 36K, Hero????
Old 11-08-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Stars 20 FT hand

I think its push or fold. If you call and dont hit, and he c-bets, you cant call or push while feeling good. Even if you do hit you could be behind. Any reads? is it reasonable to assume a c-bet? I think it depends on how good you are in relation to everybody else. If you can outplay them, save it for another hand. If a coinflip is agreeable, go for it. There's a lot of FE in a push by you.
Take all this with a grain of salt cause I suck...
Old 11-08-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Stars 20 FT hand

If the small blind had been raising often when folded to him, I'd shove. If this is the first time the SB has attacked my BB, I'd lay it down. If somehow we go from 9 players to 6 without my noticing anything about the SB, I would default to a shove in this spot.