Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 04:27 PM

Default 3/6- 66, I don\'t know where I\'m at the whole way

table is full of peelers.I'm in the CO with 66, I open, button calls(42.1/5.00/1.48/148), bb calls(36.5/0/.37/85)

flop-(6.2 sbs) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]-3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]-10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

goes-check, I bet, call, call

turn-(4.7 BB)-3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, bet, call, call

river(7.7 BB)-2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, ? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I have no clue where I'm at. should I bet again. I don't think that its for value, and I can't overcall. should I be looking to check/call 1 or just check/fold

edit: forgot to mention that its 6 handed
Old 10-29-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: 3/6- 66, I don\'t know where I\'m at the whole way

I think I want to see a showdown cheaply. I'm willing to check and call 1 back to me, fold if it happens to be 2 back to me.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:52 PM

thats about the safest board for UI pocket sixes you could hope for, and nobody's shown any aggression. why wouldn't you think you had the best hand? am i missing something?
Old 10-29-2005, 05:02 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

bet b/c u'll get called by a couple of worse hands that won't bet and the button will bet most better hands. Neither has shown any aggression and the river is a blank. Button's a little too aggro to c/f the river and u'll get bluff raised just about never against him (unless u had some read to the contrary).
Old 10-29-2005, 05:11 PM

I check here. I think a value bet is too thin b/c the 3 paired and both are rather passive. They are more likely to have a T than a 5 and they are also likely to check call a T as well as a higher PP like 77-99. If button bets, I'm not sure whehter you can call or not. Is button really valuebetting a 5 here? He's more likely to check behind and show it down. He's also likely the check behind w/a T too b/c thats what passive guys do w/hands like TPWK.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats about the safest board for UI pocket sixes you could hope for, and nobody's shown any aggression. why wouldn't you think you had the best hand? am i missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

its more that theres been two callers the whole way, HU and its an easy bet. The table in general has been really passive, so, one of these guys having TP or a higher is a possibilty
Old 10-29-2005, 05:22 PM

Bet here. You're going to be facing a bet (that you have to call after you check) if the guy behind you has a better hand. You can fold to a raise, so get some value the times you're better.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:17 PM

Check/call and even overcall.

The value bet is thin and button is capable of bluff raising the river with his stats. He's also very capable of bluff betting the river when you check. Then only problem with checking (besides missing a very thin value bet) is when button bluff bets and SB raises with something worse than you have. I don't see that happening much here given SB's passive nature, but he may call light. Keep that in mind if you're thinking about folding instead of overcalling.