Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: TT gets capped.

Turn the queen into a three and our equity is even worse if AQ isn't a possible hand. Even if you can include AQ, our equity is < 50%. The correct way to play these kinds of hands is just to be passive and let him dictate the action. Raising for information is also a fine play against the right kind of opponents, but you have to be careful with it against unknowns.

The reasoning behind these hands is that we have somewhere between 35-50% equity on the flop, so it is usually +EV to calldown. We don't have enough to mix it up unless we can find a fold when villian plays back. It is tough to know what an unknown or tricky person will playback with, so we just opt to look him up (if an ace doesn't hit).

Brad
Old 10-18-2005, 07:48 PM

I don't like the flop raise but I would certainly bet the turn.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:58 PM

(grunch)

The villain bet/call flop and check on the turn could mean villain may have overcards, but are you figuring him for the c/r if he has a big hand like 99, QQ, KK, AA? From your read, I figure he is not a thinker. He may be being timid with JJ, so he would just call your bet on the turn. Given this, I would value bet/fold the turn, and check the river down.