Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Experts: What would you change about how you learned poker?

i'm not a high stakes player and certainly not an expert. I do multi-table NL $50 full ring games and find that I can beat game at this level. Tried the $100 a bit too soon and varience sent me back down to 50.

Starting out -
Learned sooner that TPTK is crap and a sure fire way of an appointment with the bank manager.
Definately should have read more about the game first.
Purchased poker software (PT or PO) earlier. A definate must when multi-tabling. I use Poker Office and found it difficult to get into PT. Should I change?
Old 10-14-2005, 12:18 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i wouldn't have talked about 5+ tabling on 2+2 until it was already discovered/popular [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't have talked about 5+ tabling on 2+2 until it was already discovered/popular [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you mention this. I actually equate your decision to do so with the explosion of multitablers(totally serious here, btw). Before you came along and said this, myself and everybody I know was 2-4 tabling and was totally content.
-James
Old 10-14-2005, 03:26 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, thanks for the idea [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 03:47 AM

yep same here
Old 10-14-2005, 02:22 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
I actually equate your decision to do so with the explosion of multitablers(totally serious here, btw).

[/ QUOTE ]

yyyep [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] i've never seen the root discussed here, but i'm pretty sure it was my fault. by the time i realized what i had done, it was too late for damage control. inevitable, but i wonder how much longer it would have gone before it became popular if i hadn't big-mouthed it. it's not something for which i'm proud. i guess i just see it as a "thing".