[/ QUOTE ]

hahhahahaha....
Old 10-09-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Big earthquake in South Asia

Dude, [censored] you.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Of course I feel sympathy towards those that have lost loved ones...

[/ QUOTE ]
Your yawn made this readily apparent.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:52 AM

Has there been any news on how thinely stretched the redcross is as of late? How seperate are the American and International? Regardless I would assume between the Tsunami,2 hurricanes and all of their dailey activities resources have to be getting pretty short.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, that just makes you an [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Among other things, your inability to feel sadness and sympathy for the victims.

[/ QUOTE ]
A child just died from easily preventable poverty
You must be sad 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, jason_t.

[/ QUOTE ]I dunno about jason, but this stuff does bother me and make me sad. I block it out so I can enjoy my life. If I take the time to think about it or something forces me to look at it, I become very sad. So, yeah, this does not bother me in the slightest, but it easily could, if I let it.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:38 AM

Exactly. All the jokers in this thread ragging on Malachi and buster care so much about a little earthquake, but clearly don't give a [censored] about the kids who die every ten seconds, 24 hours a day, of easily and cheaply prevented diseases.

I don't give a crap either btw, just pointing out the hilarity of it.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:29 AM

Lemme get this straight ...

By your rationale, the fact that I care that 18K people died tonight makes me a 'joker' because I can't prevent every other person from dying from poverty every day?

You know nothing about me, son. You don't know what I donate, in both time and money, to charities and causes that attempt to prevent the needless deaths of people. This is every day out of the year, too, friend, not just the days where thousands die of a natural disaster. The very core of your argument seems to be that since I (we/society) can't prevent EVERYONE from dying from poverty/hunger/abuse/any-treatable-cause-of-death-you-can-name, we are automatically hypocrites or bleeding-hearts for feeling sympathy for the loss of eighteen thousand innocent lives that occured on one night simply because we don't express the same anguish over every other single needless death that happens.

Don't confuse your point. You are trying to excuse the fact that you don't give a [censored] over either: a) the deaths of the people in Pakistan, or B) the deaths of the impoverished that occurs every 10 seconds (or whatever other metric you choose to spout off based on someone else's post) by proclaiming that those who do care about this tragedy don't care about ALL suffering equally. You are welcome to your viewpoint, but [censored] you for making immediate value judgements on those who have expressed concern or sympathy about this earthquake based on the way you think they feel about all other suffering.

You're right ... [censored] hilarious.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] you for making immediate value judgements on those who have expressed concern or sympathy about this earthquake based on the way you think they feel about all other suffering.

[/ QUOTE ]
And who are the posters above to make value judgements against those who say 'big deal'? For example:

"Malachi: *Yawn* Would it be insensitive of me to say [censored] happens, or does that just make me pragmatic?

KaneKungFu: nope, it just makes you an [censored]."
----
DaveG to BusterStacks: "I'm sure you're just trying to be funny, I'm just pointing out that you are a dipshit. "

See what I'm saying? People block [censored] out that they can't do anything about, or that doesn't really matter. Who is anyone here to judge them for doing so? It was just a [censored] earthquake, nowhere near the level of seriousness of malnourished and diseased kids whose lives can be saved by donating any portion of your poker bankroll. Any time someone goes out and blows $100 on drinks for a night, they're saying that their drinking habits are more important than the lives of many kids. Yet these same people call others all sorts of names when they say 'big deal' to the earthquake, which wasn't even preventable.

See the hypocricy? Pull your head in, [censored]heads
Old 10-09-2005, 01:45 PM

I do see your point and I appreciate you taking the time to explain it further. Sorry if I flew off the handle in my initial response.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:52 PM

You were right the first time.

Making a joke about or saying who cares DOES suck, and there's nothing hypocritical about saying so.

Sometimes people make arguments too complicated for their own good over matters that are completely transparent.