Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Odoylesarmy.com is up and running!

Hi All,

Odoylesarmy.com is now up and running!

Jek said it was ok (thanks) to post here about it as long as the site is non-profit. (which it is)

We have already had over 30 members register there and I encourage you to go to our site and check it out.

If you feel that high volume players should get something of value for their play, I would encourage you to go there and register as a member.

There is an update there about the offer I have received from the start up site. I expect them to reveal themselves shortly.

Once again, thanks to Jek for allowing this to be posted and everyone here that has shown interest in the "army".

O Doyle
Old 08-31-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Odoylesarmy.com is up and running!

Looks interesting. I wish I played a little more poker per month so I could join. Since I work 50-65 hours per week at a "real" job, I only squeeze in around 4,500 hands per month. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2005, 04:12 PM

I play about 15K hands a month at 3/6 but would this even be possible at a startup site? Would there be enough tables? It also doesn't sound super +EV to play against a bunch of 8-tabling 2+2ers at a startup site. Even 10-20 8-tabling professionals would effect the makeup of a small site like that.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play about 15K hands a month at 3/6 but would this even be possible at a startup site? Would there be enough tables? It also doesn't sound super +EV to play against a bunch of 8-tabling 2+2ers at a startup site. Even 10-20 8-tabling professionals would effect the makeup of a small site like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey gildwulf,

These are concerns we all have. Hopefully this site's marketing can drive the volume of players there to support us. Howevever if they don't, that is the purpose of the "safety net" feature.

Also, keep in mind this is just the start. There is another site talking to me and the more interest there is in the "army", the better position we wiil be in.

Given your level of play, I would encourage you to register as the more interest, the better negotiation position we wiil be in with the sites.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:09 PM

getting some info on the sites, and/or what networks they operate in would be a good thing to know...
Old 08-31-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
getting some info on the sites, and/or what networks they operate in would be a good thing to know...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not at liberty to reveal the start up site as they do want to wait until it is closer to their launch date. (I would not do that here anyway)

I am talking to another interested site besides the start up site. While I am in the process of "negotiating" (if you will) with a site for bonuses or incentives for our play it would be very difficult to name them anyway without their permission.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to go to our site and express your support for the "base idea" of the "army".

The base idea being that as a high volume player you want more value for your play than the typical online player receives in bonuses or incentives. From strictly a volume standpoint, high volume players might be doing anywhere to 10 - 20 times as much business with poker sites than the typical player. We are the site's best customers and as such should be treated better than the typical player. By going to our site and expressing your interest by registering and posting strengthens our negotiation position with the sites.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:39 PM

The site looks good Odoyle. Thanks for all your hard work on it. Looking forward to my shot at the WSOP!