Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Empire vs Eurobet HHs

I did a search on this and think I figured but I have massive ADD and want to make sure I have things right. I've used Eurobet for sngs but because I am lazy as [censored] and hate copy pasting the files and remembering to get the summaries, I signed up for Empire. From what I gathered, importing sngs into PT with Empire works exactly the same as cash game hands, just do the force import and everything from the folder goes into the database. Is this pretty much it or is there something else?

I'm also going to get sng tracker once I reformat and that looks like it imports just like PT does and I just need to point it to the Empire HH folder.

I think I really should just change my name on this site to converted sng donk but anyway, any help/confirmation on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Empire vs Eurobet HHs

[ QUOTE ]
just do the force import and everything from the folder goes into the database.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly...

If I understand you correctly you are talking about HHs on your HD. These HHs have no summary, and you will have to manualy enter soem information.

You can however click yes when it asks about the HH email, then have PT pick it up through your email.

If there is a way to get HD HHs into PT without manualy entering buyin/fee etc then someone please let me know...
Old 08-22-2005, 03:08 AM

Ahh thanks for clearing that up. I'm guessing that with SNG tracker I'll have to get all the files from the PT database then? Or does it not need the tourny summaries like PT does? I checked the sng tracker site and it still seemed somewhat unclear to me.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did a search on this and think I figured but I have massive ADD and want to make sure I have things right. I've used Eurobet for sngs but because I am lazy as [censored] and hate copy pasting the files and remembering to get the summaries, I signed up for Empire. From what I gathered, importing sngs into PT with Empire works exactly the same as cash game hands, just do the force import and everything from the folder goes into the database. Is this pretty much it or is there something else?

I'm also going to get sng tracker once I reformat and that looks like it imports just like PT does and I just need to point it to the Empire HH folder.

I think I really should just change my name on this site to converted sng donk but anyway, any help/confirmation on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're interested in keeping up with your SNG stats, Eurobet is a pain in the ass. Setup an e-mail account (not hotmail, etc) to have your HH's sent to (try to only use that e-mail for HH's/tourney summaries)...then use the Pop3 import function on PT. From there it is easy to import to SNG tracker. Any Party skin (of which I'm aware) other than Eurobet makes the process simple and painless. Eurobet makes you want to kill yourself.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:54 AM

Yep. That's why I wrote that app to import from Eurobet - I might try to knock one up to do some kind of pseudo conversion from HD histories into email ones, should be possible. I'd have to make up the 1-2-3 positions when you bust in 7th or what not I guess, but still.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:17 AM

I have the same problem with empire, PT doesn't import HD HH because of missing information. It's a PITA, while SNG tracker imports HD HH fine.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:21 AM

Are people getting their Eurobet HHs now? Mine are still MIA. "This Hand History is not available."

Eurobet! *shakes fist*
Old 08-22-2005, 07:57 PM

Wait, so sng tracker lets you do HD HH imports? If that's the case I don't really see much of a need for PT except to replay hands I played, which is on the HD anyway.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:09 AM

Shamless bump. How the hell do I set up the pop3 import thing? Would a gmail account work with it?