Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 06-05-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Tryin to keep up here!

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Hi people, SO SORRY but my site isnt supported for the hand converter so for this ost I just wrote it this way.
I have been trying to follow the conversations here the last few days and I can get the meaning to almost all of what you guys are saying from the initials and all but I am hesitant to say certain things because Im not sure what theory this is that you guys are following on shorthanded games. I understand PR-AF strategy, hand equity but what is "CO" that I see so often? To take a "card off"? I find this "theory" pretty shaky being mostly a ring player but I immediately see and understand it almost, I mean the lowered starting hands because of the shorthanded games of course. Where is all this info coming from, is this one of 2+2's famed authors writings on shorthanded play and if so which book please? Ok, last thing when I see these hands I really question some of this strategy I am seeing stuff like raises with this hand and I seen a guy yesterday who raised and then calleed and PLAYED a j-9h with the board coming 10h-7d-2s, he had last position against the small and big blinds but the 3 bet dude was the BB who then led (both players calling) after a Qc fell on the turn the BB led again, so J-9 just calls and then the river is the 4h and BB bet gain and he wanted to know if he should have attempted a steal here and while I can understand why (because he has all this invested in the pot now) I thought it NUTS because BB is NEVER gonna let the hand go for nothing now, but anyway so where can I catch up on all this lingo or do I just have to keep reading along? lol

Thanx people!
Trying to keep up here! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Tryin to keep up here!

CO = Cut Off

The table position immediately before the Button. The positions are SB, BB, UTG, HJ, CO, Button. HJ is more recent and stands for "Hijack" some refer to this as UTG+1 others as MP (Middle Position).

As for the rest, please only post when you are off amphetamines and maybe just 1 question at a time... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]