Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 01-26-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Flopped RF popped cherry (no content-Celebration only)

Wow.....my first Royal Flush....these things don't pay very well, do they?

I looked down and saw the flop and thought, "Cool I made my flush, (pause) oh shytt."

I know.....no bet on the flop looks bad, I was hoping somebody would catch something worth betting.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (3.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
Old 01-26-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Flopped RF popped cherry (no content-Celebration only)

They don't pay off because no one else has anything.

Best you can hope for is that the board pairs and someone has a boat (the boat guy was me once, paid off my stack but it was only on Paradise NL 25).

E-mail Party Poker for a free cap.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:11 AM

You're right, they generally don't pay well... its the epitome of crippling the deck. Although, in a SnG i once saw a flop of K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and one guy had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], one guy had AQo, and another had like 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something. That one paid well.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:24 AM

just today i lost 7.5 BB in one hand to a royal made on the turn. I had two-pair and made a boat on the river. Thought HE was the idiot :-)
Old 01-27-2005, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right, they generally don't pay well... its the epitome of crippling the deck. Although, in a SnG i once saw a flop of K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and one guy had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], one guy had AQo, and another had like 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something. That one paid well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but that's an SNG. You don't (at least I don't) get the same satisfaction when tripling up as compared to a cash game.