Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Medium pairs out of the blinds.

Comments on pre-flop and post flop line taken, and where do I go from the raise?

Vilain is new to the table and I have just 20 hands from him. Still enough to know he is not the normal loose player as he has seen few flops.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Medium pairs out of the blinds.

I'd call down. Villain is more likely to be raising with air when the board pairs and and seconds flush card falls. Also you gain info on what villain is capable of.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:47 PM

8BB to 1 to call then on river another to call hmm.

I dont think the "Information" is that valuble(2BB is a HIGH PRICE). I'm just wondering if you'll be good enough often enough.

His preflop play looks like a blind steal or a big hand.

Would a junky hand raise this turn as a bluff?

I think you're often against a stronger hand here. Ah i'm going to say fold!

Tough spot vs unknown and potential blind steal. I dont put him on a 2 but big pairs will slow play to turn often also.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call down. Villain is more likely to be raising with air when the board pairs and and seconds flush card falls. Also you gain info on what villain is capable of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Toss. To clarify, you are saying that the circumstances of the turn card (flush and pairing the board) increase the likelihood that he is raising with air, not that the chances he raises w/ air are greater than any other possible holding, correct? In other words, if we expect that this villain might bluff raise any turn card 10% of the time, we can assume that this particular card increases that 10% to something higher, making a calldown more correct than it would be if the turn is a blank.

I'm not sure what I just wrote makes any more sense than what you wrote. Make sense? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:28 AM

Straightforward calldown IMO. It's pretty tough to put a logical Villain on a winning hand here and an illogical Villain can have all sorts of losing ones.