Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 10:51 PM

Default villain 3-bets my 6th st c/r

Somewhat looser than average Party 20/40 game, but the villain in the hand plays fairly ABC. I was fairly confident early in the hand that he had JJ, QQ, or AA in the hole, but what do you make of the 6th street action? My plan for the river was check/call, but as you can see he checked behind. Thoughts on all streets appreciated, especially 6th and 7th.

-blumpkin22 (damn WPT moderator...)

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___calls

4th Street - (4.95 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.48 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (5.48 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises___calls

River - (11.48 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (11.48 BB)
Old 11-10-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: villain 3-bets my 6th st c/r

bump

yay im unbanned
Old 11-10-2005, 03:52 AM

Definitely need the story behind this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 03:59 AM

I think you played the whole hand correctly. If this guy is a known fish or super aggressive you can 4 bet 6th street but against the average player you probably ran into a big hand here. I assume he showed down either pocket aces or two pair 9s and 8s here.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely need the story behind this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. I made some post in the WPT forum and got banned. I forget exactly what I wrote, but I received this email:

5-days suspension: Implying sex with another poster's mother in a WPT post.

Oops.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played the whole hand correctly. If this guy is a known fish or super aggressive you can 4 bet 6th street but against the average player you probably ran into a big hand here. I assume he showed down either pocket aces or two pair 9s and 8s here.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what hand am I losing to on sixth? Note the dead 9s, so rolled up is impossible. Possibly pocket eights? I'm not sure how many players would raise the completion from the ten up. Perhaps if he thought I was on a steal? Or maybe he just thought I was bluffing the scary King on sixth?

If I were to cap 6th (putting him on, say, AA, or as you suggested the unlikely 9s up), what would the right river line be? Seems unlikely to be raised even by aces up if I cap sixth, right?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:59 PM

I probably cap it on sixth, as was brought up, the only hand that makes sense here is a big pair in the hole and your ahead of that.
7th depends on what you think your opponent will do, your not losing too much if you check, I usually lead out though.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:59 AM

Perhaps he has the other two kings and thinks you're just trying to represent? That's the only thing that makes even the slightest sense to me.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps he has the other two kings and thinks you're just trying to represent? That's the only thing that makes even the slightest sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting idea; hadn't thought of that.

Note that if he does have KK I have him drawing dead. (!)
Old 11-11-2005, 03:33 AM

He has aces most likely, and overplayed 6th. I cap and lead 7th. There is no hand he can have on 6th that you lose to, unless you want to believe this ABC player came over the top of a raising 10 with pocket 8's and a dead 9.

There are two hands he can have here---pocket aces or pocket kings, with the aces being a 6-1 fav.