Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 04:57 PM

Default KK overpair call a big push?

I didn't play this hand. My friend who did play the hand says that he was mixing it up PF -- I was going to say that he should raise to about $8 PF, and a PSR on the flop, but meh.

I wasn't given reads. What's our action on this flop push? We're getting 2.5:1, and there can't be any more action.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

MP3 ($65.55)
Hero ($104.15)
Button ($116.95)
SB ($44.40)
BB ($88.50)
UTG ($32.95)
UTG+1 ($123.85)
MP1 ($100)
MP2 ($33)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $1, MP3 calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, Button calls $4.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls $3.50, MP3 calls $3.50.

Flop: ($20.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $3</font>, MP3 calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $112.45</font>, MP2 calls $25.50 (All-In), MP3 folds, Hero ... ?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: KK overpair call a big push?

super easy fold. It's been bet, raised, massively reraised all in, and that got called....what exactly are you ahead of. Someone might have spiked a set, or outright flopped the straight. At the very very best you are slightly ahead here....at the worst you are drawing to runner runner full house or flush outs. I think its likely you are up against a set and a big draw or a set and a made straight. One of them might be a big enough donkey to have just a ten but I think that's unlikely. AT of hearts is also a real possibility and against that you are barely ahead.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:18 PM

Fold and go to a roulette table instead.

Any of the limpers/callers could easily have hit a set and/or have a flush draw giving them 2:1 on making it, and you only have one heart.

2.5:1 on your money, but you have to put a $100 push on more than just top pair.

So, if he has a set, you are about 11:1 to make a higher set, or ridicuouls:1 to make a flush by the river, assuming opponent doesn't have a Ah. Also, it's not just heads up.. it's against 2 and either 2 could hit the above scenario.

A lot depends on how button has played in the past

Pt the ladies down, get em next time, cuz you'll have some intelligence on both these players from this play. It cost you $16 - but you can win that back in one hand.

IMO, of course
Old 08-08-2005, 05:25 PM

El foldo.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El foldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking, too. But given my poor results and my friend's much better resutls, I've been thinking that I just don't know what I'm doing at all.

FWIW, my friend called the push. The pusher flipped over black queens, and the short stack showed K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

My friend held up &amp; took down a very nice pot on a hand I would have played differently on every street.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:37 PM

wow....i don't know what else to say but wow. If I was an observer at that table i'd buddy list all of them, including your friend....then i'd stack him every time I caught a set because he can't fold.....anyone that calls with KK there given that action needs their head examined. I'd fold it every time I think. I would absolutely hate folding it, but I don't think you have much choice there and there are so many better spots to get your money in here. I would estimate you are ahead given this action less than 25% of the time..
Old 08-08-2005, 05:42 PM

I'm with you on this...find the players again.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:47 PM

Don't worry, I'm 90% sure it's a losing call overall without a strong read. You just won't find random guys making that big push over a bet and a raise from the preflop raiser with a hand that can't beat one pair. Maybe your friend had a read/stats on that idiot.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:09 PM

raise more PF sounds good, 6 seems like a good number. When you raise the underbet and he moves in he likely has a set or straight, at best he has a gutshot straight flush draw.
Noah
Old 08-08-2005, 06:10 PM

This is a fairly easy fold, even for me. Hero is very likely behind and if he's not villian(s) are not that far behind. Wait for a better spot. JMO