Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: On David\'s Line

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So why all the flirtation? She wants something from him. She thinks he can help her with her career.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, but even so this doesn't rule out the possibility of him scoring. Just imagine what he can do for her grades if she lets him boink her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you call me an idiot a few posts ago? Why are you still running off at the mouth? I offered you a bet. Take it and prove me wrong, bigtime. Don't you want to take easy money off the "idiot?" I'm beginning to think you're all talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet with you on this if the conditions were right, such as if:

* I were convinced I could get an accurate and unambigous report of the outcome
* That you are a respectable person who would pay

I'm not convinced that these conditions persist. Convince me otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I have on payment is my word, same as you. If you like, I'll give you my email address which contains my full name. I'd expect you to keep it confidential unless I refused to pay.

As far as an unbiased account, I suppose we'd have to rely on Snowball. If he'd have any reason to slant the account, it would certainly go your way. Perhaps we can see if he can be convinced to play along.

The only thing to settle beyond this would be terms. In other words, what constitutes success.

I'm willing to just throw caution to the wind and trust all parties. Anyone who would cheat to win $100 on what should be a silly bet is a piece of trash. I'm certainly not a man who would do such a thing, and if you are then you're welcome to my $100. It certainly won't make up for the fact that you'd know you cheated.

So, what do you think. Are we on? I think I'm right and am in a wagering mood. If I'm wrong I'll take solace in the knowledge that 'ol Snowball played out of his league and hit a home run. I'll never begrudge any guy that. It's a magical thing when you can make it happen.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sitting here at work and the smoking hot intern just walked up to our male intern coordinator. She complemented his shirt, giggled at one of his stupid jokes, touched his shoulder, and smiled at him. Sound familiar? It should. It's the same behavior Snowball describes.

Here's the rub: This dude is a complete turd. He is the last guy on earth Little Miss Intern Hottie would ever hook up with. Trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, how many times guys say this, and then complain that so many little hotties are hooking up with complete turds...

Guys in general have very little ability to assess women's feelings, whether for themselves or other men. That's why the guys who default to "she wants me" so often end up with attractive women - sure, they get rejected often enough, but their attitude assures that they don't miss the opportunities that DO present themselves.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Whats the best way to read women?

you're almost a 3 to 1 favorite..... to be favored to be with this girl.

Think of it this way.....

You have KdKs and the love gods are holding Ah6h

The board reads 4h 7h 9d 4s.

One more card to come....

My solution to your problem is keep listing more favorable things and unfavorable things this way we can come to a better judgement of whether or not this girl is right for you and then we'll be able to judge how much of a favorite you really are.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sitting here at work and the smoking hot intern just walked up to our male intern coordinator. She complemented his shirt, giggled at one of his stupid jokes, touched his shoulder, and smiled at him. Sound familiar? It should. It's the same behavior Snowball describes.

Here's the rub: This dude is a complete turd. He is the last guy on earth Little Miss Intern Hottie would ever hook up with. Trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, how many times guys say this, and then complain that so many little hotties are hooking up with complete turds...

Guys in general have very little ability to assess women's feelings, whether for themselves or other men. That's why the guys who default to "she wants me" so often end up with attractive women - sure, they get rejected often enough, but their attitude assures that they don't miss the opportunities that DO present themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, for God's sake! You know NOTHING about women. You're CLUELESS.

You think my assessment of this guy is based on jealousy? I'm recently married, pal. My wife is beautiful and I'm madly in love with her. I'm the guy that other men look at and think, "How the hell did he land that?" Do you think I care if some guy at work hooks up with an intern?

I sure hope you don't play live poker. Clearly you have no idea how to read people.

Does everyone here REALLY believe that this super hot college girl digs our average looking hero soooooooo much that she's been chasing him around dropping hints about going on dates for months? Really?

Get a clue. Hot women don't waste time chasing average guys. They get hit on and asked out all the time. They have a million options. While we're all participating in this little slumber party gossip fest, Hot College Babe is getting banged by some slick looking, muscular dude who dresses nice and had the balls to stare her in the eyes, let her know EXACTLY what he was after, and ask her out on a date.

What happened when our hero invited Hot College Babe to a Halloween party? She had friends in town, but asked for the address and said she'd try to stop by, right? But she didn't. Guess what, if a woman is really hot for a guy, she'll make that effort no matter what, even if it's only 5 minutes to say hello. She'll cajole and whine to her visitng friends about how much she likes this guy, and she'll drag them all over just to let him know that she's interested.

It ain't happening. She likes our hero as a friend because he's smart and nice, and pays a lot of attention to her. But any shot he had at getting on her went out the window long ago because he played his hand softly, the worst possible thing you can do with a woman.

All you young guys need to listen up on this one and take my advice: Never, ever, ever use the nice guy friend routine on a woman if you are hoping to have sex with her. Women make a very strict division in their minds between potential hook-ups and friends. Once they've formed this opinion it's almost impossible to change. And they make up their minds pretty damned soon after meeting you.

It's a rookie mistake, fellows. Yet guys do it time and time again, mostly because they don't have the confidence to be aggressive.

Look, this is no different than poker. Soft, weak play brings nothing but misery. Any girl you are interested in should know in her mind that you want to f*ck her within the first couple hours of meeting you. You need to make her understand that by the way you look at her and how you talk to her. This doesn't mean being rude, vile, or overbearing. You just need to put the signal out. You gotta sack up, 'cause women can smell insecurity.

Women don't want puppy dog eyes and sensitivity from their sex partners. That's what their guy friends (who aren't getting any) are for. Women want men to be strong and aggressive. It's in their biology. It's who they are. A few hundred years of technology isn't going to change thousands of years of survival of the fittest, guys. This stuff is hard-wired. All that feminist crap they're slinging to you on campus is WRONG. It's a lie, and they know it.

And I'm willing to put $100 on anyone who says otherwise. Still waiting for a taker. Anyone?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:53 PM

Snowball, print out Hobbes post. If all else fails you are to tell her about this thread and show her his post with the words "I guess I thought you would be an exception". It will probably do more harm than good but it does add some extra outs if you are otherwise drawing dead.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:59 PM

David, please please please take my action.

Your mathematical genius just doesn't translate here. It's rare indeed to have my own skills give me this kind of edge. I'd like to exploit it.

If my post seals the deal for our hero I'll be right here celebrating with the rest of you, but frankly I'm shocked by how bad this advice is. Even if our hero thinks he's "drawing dead," showing the fair maiden this thread will probably be rewarded with a restraining order.

Did you think this through? Imagine our fair maiden's reaction if she were to know she were being discussed and wagered upon on a poker forum. Showing her this thread would only serve to make our hero look obsessed and deranged. And it would kill his chances not only with her, but with any female acquaintance she may happen to have on campus.

Snowball, don't EVER show her this thread, even if you marry her.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
(insults snipped)

You forgot to say, "I think."

I've studied this stuff. You obviously haven't. 'Nuff said.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
(insults snipped)

You forgot to say, "I think."

I've studied this stuff. You obviously haven't. 'Nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nuff said? You've "studied"? Did you take a Psych 101 class and figure out the whole world? Or was it Gender and Communication 120?

What in the world are you talking about? Your vague, self-professed credentials mean nothing to me.

"I've studied this stuff." Oh, dear.

All this talk and no one will make a measley $100 bet.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:18 PM

Default She has to be interested...

I think you are very wrong in assuming that because she's hot she won't like you.

Often, super hot girls don't have anything to prove and look beyond looks even more than average girls.

Don't doubt yourself... either this girl likes you or she's toying with you... and being a "yoga chick" wouldn't fit with all of that.

UNLESS YOU ACT GAY.

She might think you are gay.

That said... I have a foolproof plan.

Do a magic trick, call her a beautiful Betty and tell her you are in Rocks and Rings and invite her out for a night of clubbing with Esfandiari and Chris Ferguson.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Whats the best way to read women?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
great call, that is exactly what i was thinking

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I seeing a trend here?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My comment was intended to showcase my rapier wit.

Hey Snowball, sorry I forget to give you the collective wisdom of OOT: Get drunk, SIIHP.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Come on everyone here knows that is the collective wisdom of OOT