Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:03 AM

Default A9o

I tried using the hand converter and it wasn't working so i've posted it using pokerhand.org

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=190133

the villain is a good player - 17.73/2.29

few questions:
1.too loose of a pf raise?
2. flop c/r. i'm thinking this is just crazy.
3. call down mode. just being a callingstation?

any comments are appreciated.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: A9o

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

There's a button on the top right of the link you posted. It says "View in Forum Layout" and that's where you can get the stuff to copy paste into this forum.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:16 AM

Yes, too loose preflop. Fold. I don't think check raising that flop against a villain you claim is good (and 3bet you preflop!) is going to do any good. I would've just check/called the flop. I think I would've donked the turn as he could easily have had JJ-KK. I hope you enjoyed the berating at the end of the hand!
Old 12-15-2005, 04:23 AM

I'll ignore preflop.

I check/call the flop and c/r the turn.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:41 AM

preflop - Fold this Always. You won't flop enough profitable situations, and you are going to be out of position on each street. Best case scenario - you steal the blinds.
flop - I like bet/call. What does a check raise accomplish?
Turn-I like check/call as he often has an overpair, and we don't want to fold him out,
River - I like Bet/Fold, since he usually won't raise unless we are beat by QQ, TT, AA, AK, or AQ.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:58 AM

i disagree. the best case scenario is what actually happened in the hand.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

i thought the PF raise was probably a bad idea but there were so many extremely tight players on the table (vpip &lt; 17) that i'd loosen up my PF game a bit. i def wasn't going to limp here, so i raised.

the c/r off the flop was probably ill-advised, but i figured at the point my Ace was clean and I still had OESD. the villain's 3 bet indicated high pp, and at WORST i'm behind a set. call would probably better.. but i thought i had enough odds to peel even if i was re-raised. do i?

turn- at this pt, i think my top pair's probably good. but i figured, he has AK, QQ-AA and my chances are good enough (and the villain aggressive enough) that i'm not exposing myself to bet/fold line. if i'm up, i can induce a semi-bluff him. if i'm down, i'm saving myself a bet for the river.

river- bet/fold here is no good. i'm getting over 8 to 1 with top pair that's probably good.

i think besides the suspect PF play, my turn's the most questionable.. can somebody explain to me why betting out here's better?