Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Ann Coulter on Hannity & Colmes

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why I'm raising my blood pressure by posting on this forum, but I'm pretty sure that if we really apply a loony litmus test, Al Franken isn't going to be anywhere on the same planet as Ann Coulter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

And folks who describe that hate spewing viper Coulter as intelligent and witty prove that they have no idea what either intelligence or wit is.

Frank
Old 07-28-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kennedy didn't "kill a girl." He wasn't in the car when she drove off the bridge.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be more wrong.

Mary Jo Kopechne Incident

From the link:

Kopechne and Kennedy left the party at 11.15pm. Kennedy had offered to take Kopechne back to her hotel. He later explained what happened: "I was unfamiliar with the road and turned onto Dyke Road instead of bearing left on Main Street. After proceeding for approximately a half mile on Dyke Road I descended a hill and came upon a narrow bridge. The car went off the side of the bridge.... The car turned over and sank into the water and landed with the roof resting on the bottom. I attempted to open the door and window of the car but have no recollection of how I got out of the car. I came to the surface and then repeatedly dove down to the car in an attempt to see if the passenger was still in the car. I was unsuccessful in the attempt."

Read the rest of the article. Kennedy got a slap on the wrist when he deserved to be in jail IMO. Also many believe that the circumstances of the case indicate that it's highly possible he murdered her.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:45 AM

I personally like the interview with Coulter where the guy asks her about the Iraq war and she mentions how the country of Canada is more or less traitors because they helped the US out in Vietnam, to which the interviewer says, "Actually, Ann, Canada did not support the U.S. in Vietnam".

Coulter's subsequent stumbling over words is priceless.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: I Think Anne is Hilarious

[ QUOTE ]
Anne makes valid political points using a combination of satire, exageration, and seriousness. I think she is VERY funny. Obviously, Democrats who are the butt of her humor will not find Anne as funny as conservatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it weren't for her long blond hair, no one would know who she was. She is not some master of satire, please.

-ptmusic
Old 07-28-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"And if you kill a girl in Chappaquittick, they'll REALLY accept you."

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you think the conservatives would have reacted if Al Franken or some other liberal said something like

"And if you kill a boy in Midland, they'll (the Republicans) REALLY accept you."
Old 07-28-2005, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because she's hilarious!

Why would you listen to a boring opinionated moron, conservative or liberal, when you could listen to Ann, who can at least make witty jokes?

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think this joke has not been said before. This is just par for the course for her. She hasn't got an origional thought in her body. You need to get out more.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:03 AM

I agree, her principal and intentions are good, but they way she goes about things isn't that great. Her books are fun to read though.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you think the conservatives would have reacted if Al Franken or some other liberal said something like

"And if you kill a boy in Midland, they'll (the Republicans) REALLY accept you."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's more like, how would conservatives react if you said something along the lines of:

"If your wife blew a stop sign in Midland and killed a kid, they'll (the Republicans) REALLY accept you."
Old 07-28-2005, 09:27 AM

To a conservative I could care less about libs bashing coulter, I just laugh thinking about Moore, Frankin, Dean, and the many other good liberal comedy acts.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd respond with blank-eyed stares and incomprehension, because most of them have no clue that there is a fatal accident in Laura Bush's past (she ran a stop sign and hit an oncoming car, killing the other car's driver).

q/q