Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: A little lost in this hand

At first i thought your flop bet was "standard" now against most it is.

But against this guy,(now i need his AF... and fold flop % for 100% made decision) but i think you should actually check/call this meaning you dont call a raise and get to see turn.

You're not folding this guy!

Anyone agree? disagree? Reasoning please.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:44 PM

If he's pretty LAGGY, a c/r isn't a disaster (or is it a regular raise, already forgot position in this hand) because he'll often be doing it with worse hands. Obviously you don't want to go nuts in this situation, but between fold equity and straight up value both from getting calls, getting raised by worse hands, and getting raised but still hitting your often many live outs it's not a bad move. Granted, if your going to check HU this might be the type of player to do it against, but I think on this board Kxx, he check-raises a lot of worse hands.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:52 PM

yeah, its just against a lag its dam hard to see where you at so its often a fairly high varienced play(and if you unlucky and pick the wrong moments I.e. He holds K8s now lol its painfull).

But yeah i mean we may be ahead = Goood(Value)
We have outs to draw to when behind = Good (FD/ACE)
He wont fold = bad(he wont :P)

Good a bad i suppose, but i want to see this turn card cheaply.

You personally bet this?

EDIT: quick edit also because i dont want to spam.
In reference to RAISING THE TURN; If you think you're ahead(I know you probably thought perfect scare card to raise on - But this is such an overplayed strategy in 6max and often called down) atleast call 1 river bet after doing so?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:58 PM

Yeah but I check behind HU almost never, which is not quite optimal (though you obviously want to bet most of the time normally so it's not too wrong). If you knew he c/r all the time, you'd bet b/c then a large portion of his c/r hands are worse than yours, so he's putting in more money with a disadvantage than an edge. If he's only c/r good draws/pairs, I bet b/c he'll fold hands that often have 6 outs against me which, given the fact that he'll probably get another bet from me if he makes a pair, I'd like him to. Or he'll call with worse hands, also good.

The problem is he's doing something in between most of the time, which makes him a tough guy to play against but you can't just assume he's always going to c/r AND will always have a better hand when he does so. Remember he'll only pair up 1/3 of the time, and 2/3 of his possible pairs leave you with 6 outs much of the time. So I'd bet.