Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Re: NC: I tilted away $1k today...

Try dropping 25-30 buy ins at the 215s as a college student...thats fun...keep on trucking man variance is a part of the game good luck.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try dropping 25-30 buy ins at the 215s as a college student...thats fun...keep on trucking man variance is a part of the game good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to have to change your 'location'... fish... hope you shut em out tonite
Old 11-06-2005, 05:03 AM

I think 'genuine tilt' is when you lose so much you lose confidence in your game, and you play badly because of it. ive experienced that in limit more than sngs. Every episode of major tilt happened because i was playing above my bankroll, and cared about the money/wasn't confident in my game. Whenever i genuinely care about the money (as a college student) tilt becomes a factor in my game that can't be ignored.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:54 AM

you are basically complaining because you had a 20 BI downswing on the 55s, dude Im no expert but I suppose this wont be the last time ull lose a thousand dollars. So move down or deal with the swings.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:22 AM

I'm complaining because i lost a thousand dollars in a little over 30 sngs- is that a problem? if you dont want to read complaints, check out the "NC"- I'm sure its not the last, but does that make losing $1k any less painful? I've dealt with the swings, and I've had worse, but that doesn't mean that I can't be upset when they happen. So either deal with me complaining about them or don't read/respond to NC posts.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:47 AM

The thing is you really shouldn't be upset. Believe me, I am not one to talk but if you play enough your going to take 20-30-40-50 buy in downswings. Nothing against your game but people I'm pretty sure are a lot better then you have delt with a lot worse. Just take a break and when you come back play through the bad steaks like you would normally play. Remeber if your an 80 percent favorite your not going to win that hand everytime. Unfortunatly the other 20 percent seems to come in chunks.
Good Luck man but whatever you do don't blame anyone or anything, its just part of the game.