Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Difficult AQ hand...maybe?

The problem is your 500 bet is way too comfortable for him to call. And if he reraises are you folding? Just shove the money in now and you get a bunch of fold equity. For example, if he has 88 or 99, he only needs to fold 1 in 5 times for this move to be +EV.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I really don't think the cr is viable. I mean I think people feel much more committed to a hand after they put some money in on the turn, get cred, and then realize, well i'm probably beat oh well but I already put so much in and I only have so little left. Whereas the bet flop, bet turn is like ok, I know my 66 is no good, I'll lay down.

Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

But he is 16/7 and you have much more effectively represented a ten.
-James
Old 11-14-2005, 11:27 PM

What is this [censored]? I just opened up some thread and it didn't have the words mahatma, zweig, or kanekungfu in it...lame
Old 11-14-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I really don't think the cr is viable. I mean I think people feel much more committed to a hand after they put some money in on the turn, get cred, and then realize, well i'm probably beat oh well but I already put so much in and I only have so little left. Whereas the bet flop, bet turn is like ok, I know my 66 is no good, I'll lay down.

Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct...anybody who says they check/raise bluff the turn often is either lying or crazy-I almost always get my c/raises called on the turn.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:41 PM

if you lead the turn, he calls and spade the river, im not sure what to do.. it may look like hes boated, maybe flopped the full or turned it flop calling 77. but thats if the turn bet DOESNT work.

but if you think an A or Q is good on the river you might as well just move it in on any river that has a spade or any card above and including a ten.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:55 PM

Hey AZK,

If you pot the flop, this hand never gets posted...

ML4L
Old 11-15-2005, 12:52 AM

Hmm, you think? $300 is that much more convincing than $200 for a pair to lay down to an overpair vs overcards?
Old 11-15-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey AZK,

If you pot the flop, this hand never gets posted...

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it makes a difference. A lot of the time, hands like this boil down to a second-barrel bluff guessing game. A PP will rarely fold on the flop, but will often fold on the turn. Pushing may work, but it's a bit weird and you'd have to start doing it with a wide variety of hands. Since I rarely overbet, I would play this hand exactly the same way and assume that any spade/A/Q will win it for me. If he pushes over top on the turn, I call because there's very little chance he's full and a good chance that my pair outs are still good.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:21 AM

You are missing the point ML is making, it's not about making him fold it's about your opponents stack size. Figure # of likely outs, size of pot if you pot it and he calls and look at where you'll be at the turn.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:22 AM

See my reply to edge.