Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 03:25 AM

Default PokerStars Options

I'm new to PokerStars (played there twice), but of course before I started playing, I clicked the Muck Losing Hand and Don't Show Winning Hand options on. Despite this, the dealer in the chat box gave my hand at least twice when my opponent mucked to my river bet. This also happened with a few hands that I lost. (And I assume that my cards were then displayed to the other players.)

After I switched to another table, this stopped happening. Does anyone have a clue why this happened? (BTW, I was playing ring limit HE.) Thanks.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: PokerStars Options

The "Don't Show Winning Hand" option only applies when all other players fold to your bet. When your hand goes to showdown, you do have to show it (if it is the winning hand).

Also remember that 1) If there is no action on the river, the showdown starts to the left of the button and proceeds clockwise. If you were "first to act" or had the best hand at the time it was your turn to show, your hand is shown.

2) If there is action on the river then the hand of the last aggressor is shown automatically, and then as above we continue in a clockwise direction. If you put in the last bet or raise on the river, then your hand will be shown, even if it is beaten.