Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 07:45 AM

Default Standard river fold?

I just sat down last orbit, first hand I've been involved in. No reads on any player.
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (15.66 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.83 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (20.83 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 23.83 BB

I was planning on calling the turn raiser on the river if one or both of the other players folded, since the pot was so big. What's your standard line in this type of situation?
Old 06-07-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Standard river fold?

I know it's probably a boring/standard hand, just looking to see if anyone plays it any differently.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:41 AM

Do you know anything about the cutoff? BC it sure looks like a set on the turn. He didn't raise preflop so a bigger pocket pair (tens, jacks, higher) is unlikely. Therefore something like 55 or 77 is now a concern. He is showing LOTS of power raising that field after coldcalling the flop b/c he can be sure he isn't going to win it outright with a raise. Also, if he did coldcall w/ something like JJ or 10-10 pre, he would splash on the flop to protect it. I consider folding the turn to the raise, but the pot is large so if there is doubt you can call.

On the river, you have an easy fold. You can't overcall here after two others call the cutoffs bet...you are against a pair of aces or better about 100% of the time.

Jeff
Old 06-07-2005, 10:01 AM

Thanks for confirming that I'm not insane: I pretty much had the same thought process as you. As it turns out, the CO had KQo for complete bluff, utg called with tens, mp called with q7s, and MH(would've been)G
Old 06-07-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for confirming that I'm not insane: I pretty much had the same thought process as you. As it turns out, the CO had KQo for complete bluff, utg called with tens, mp called with q7s, and MH(would've been)G

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you quicky scribbled a note on the CO player.