Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Last Call Poker

Has this been talked about yet?

Last Call Poker

It appears to be a poker-themed ARG.

ARG = Alternate Reality Game. A primarily web-based, usually mystery-themed adventure game that uses a network of fictional websites, emails, other media and sometimes real-world events. Examples are "The Beast" which was the game they made to promote the Spielberg movie AI and "I Love Bees" which was made to promote the Halo 2 launch on the X-Box.

Fair warning 1: most ARG's pretty much suck, they're usully confusing, and time-consuming, with too much text, cheesy, overwrought narratives, and dopey find-the-hotspot or unscramble-the-code puzzles.

Fair warning 2: most ARG's turn out to be ads for something. This one looks pretty slick and expensive and is clearly going to be an ad for something, whether it's poker-related or not I have no idea. Who knows? Maybe it's a campaign to announce rakeback on party!

I didn't make it and I'm not recommending it - it quite possibly sucks. But these things are cool in theory and given the poker theme I thought I'd pass it on.

More info on ARGs here: ARGN

/mc
Old 10-09-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Last Call Poker

[ QUOTE ]

Last Call Poker

ARG = Alternate Reality Game. A primarily web-based, usually mystery-themed adventure game that uses a network of fictional websites, emails, other media and sometimes real-world events. Examples are "The Beast" which was the game they made to promote the Spielberg movie AI and "I Love Bees" which was made to promote the Halo 2 launch on the X-Box.

Fair warning 1: most ARG's pretty much suck, they're usully confusing, and time-consuming, with too much text, cheesy, overwrought narratives, and dopey find-the-hotspot or unscramble-the-code puzzles.

Fair warning 2: most ARG's turn out to be ads for something. This one looks pretty slick and expensive and is clearly going to be an ad for something, whether it's poker-related or not I have no idea. Who knows? Maybe it's a campaign to announce rakeback on party!

I didn't make it and I'm not recommending it - it quite possibly sucks. But these things are cool in theory and given the poker theme I thought I'd pass it on.

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

Its really goign to suck to have to rebuild your post count.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Last Call Poker

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

Its really goign to suck to have to rebuild your post count.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe
Old 10-09-2005, 01:14 AM

You know you done [censored] up don't you?
Old 10-09-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If MC got banned for this I would seriously consider quitting 2+2. All of you settle down. Users and user-mods should quit being so itchy to police content and try to generate something with quality instead. Or at least avoid slagging off good posters who put in the effort.

NT
Old 10-09-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If MC got banned for this...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he be banned? I think the thread should simply be moved. When I come to OOT, I don't want to see the P-word mentioned anywhere.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:37 AM

I don't think anyone should be banned. He still [censored] up talkin about that card game thingy.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone should be banned. He still [censored] up talkin about that card game thingy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the other poster referred to banning, you just pointed out 'wrong forum.' I just replied to the last post in the thread.

Point stands though. People are too trigger happy around here. It's a big game of gotcha for 90% of you.

NT
Old 10-09-2005, 01:46 AM

Monty wrote the single greatest post in OOT history, so he's got to be allowed pretty free reign just on the off chance that he'll ever duplicate his brilliance.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the other poster referred to banning, you just pointed out 'wrong forum.' I just replied to the last post in the thread.

Point stands though. People are too trigger happy around here. It's a big game of gotcha for 90% of you.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

trigger happy? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] you're weeeiiiiiirrrrddd