Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Party bonuses - why none for SNG players?

I sent an email to Party but got their basic "too bad" response. My feeling is that Party should offer bonuses to ALL their players, not just ring game players. SNG players may not pay traditional per-hand rake - but we do pay our share of tournament fees, and pump a lot of money into Party's profits. So why should we have to switch to ring games in order to clear a bonus, when we prefer SNGs?

Stars, for example, allows SNG players to earn bonuses. I've noticed Stars is offering more reload bonuses than usual lately (there's a new one today) - which means I'll most likely be giving most of my business to Stars until I've cleared the bonus.

I think it's short-sighted and unfair of Party to exclude such a large source of their customer base, SNG players, from collecting the bonuses offered other players. I shouldn't be forced to switch to ring games any more than Omaha players should be forced to play Holdem to clear a bonus.

Has anyone else written to Party about this? I'd like to think if enough big-time SNG players complain, they might change their policies. (And yes, I realize that for the big-buyin SNG players, the reload bonuses aren't very significant anyway, but it's the principle. Besides, not all of us play high limits, and an extra $100 or $200 a month would be nice for small-stakes players like me.)
Old 05-26-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Party bonuses - why none for SNG players?

Not to be a mean, but to be frank -- who cares what you think? Or what anyone else does, for that matter? Party makes their own rules and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I can't blame them really. I generated a lot more rake as a low limit ring player than I do as a low limit SNG player. Bonuses are free money, not a right, and if Party is giving them out for free, they want to be sure they get as much of them back as possible. That means: ring games. Period.

No point giving it another thought.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't blame them really. I generated a lot more rake as a low limit ring player than I do as a low limit SNG player. Bonuses are free money, not a right, and if Party is giving them out for free, they want to be sure they get as much of them back as possible. That means: ring games. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying. I realize a bonus is free money and Party has a right to do what they want... but still, if enough people request something, sometimes a business will change it's policies to please it's customers. It happens.

Also, Party makes money just by us depositing (interest on the money in our accounts). In addition, their bonuses are given based on raked hands, not based on amount of money generated in rake. A person who 8-tables the 109s is generating a lot more money for Party than a .50-1 ring player, yet the SNGer gets no bonus.

Like I said, I realize it's their perogative, but it would be nice if SNG players had the opportunity to earn the bonus, that's all.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:54 PM

I'm with you Mr. Met. I prefer SNG's and only play ring games to clear bonuses. I would gladly give Party more money if I could clear their bonuses via tournments. But since they don't allow it, I will be playing at Stars until BONUSJUN comes out (next Thursday I believe).
Old 05-26-2005, 04:55 PM

*yawn*

Yugoslav
Old 05-26-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*yawn*

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]
*fart*

jah
Old 05-27-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with you Mr. Met. I prefer SNG's and only play ring games to clear bonuses. I would gladly give Party more money if I could clear their bonuses via tournments. But since they don't allow it, I will be playing at Stars until BONUSJUN comes out (next Thursday I believe).

[/ QUOTE ]
do you realize what you just said? You would play at Party if you could clear a bonus via SNG, but since you can't you'll wait for a bonus? Are you for real?
Old 05-27-2005, 12:31 AM

Just don't clear the bonuses. If you're halfway decent, you make more $/hr playing SNGs than you would make clearing a bonus. I just ignore em, let them expire whenever I open a new account.