Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Re: AA utg

Pushing is certainly reasonable here and I don't want to make this into a sharp disagreement. But I did want to point out something that a few posters seem to be missing, which is that an AGGRESSIVE table is not the same as a LOOSE table. The poster said that there were not many flops at this table, meaning that most hands were being taken down by the first person to get their chips in. You might get a charity call because you only have 5xBB, but I wouldn't count on it just because the table had been "aggressive." Calling an all-in is not an aggressive move.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:32 PM

Oops. I did kind of skip over the part where pots were being won without flops. I was just thinking about the looseness of play that often takes place just inside the money. I agree, an aggressive table that is not seeing many flops would be a good spot to roll the dice with a limp in hopes of attracting some action to double or triple up.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:54 PM

you should go all in here but in this case it probably wouldnt have made a difference. most players will call anyway with 44 assuming that you have two high cards or anything other than a pair.

Pat