Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Satin sheets.

Opinions? Other than "they're gay". My girlfriend just got some, and they are so damn slick, that my pillow keeps slipping out from under my head while I sleep. Plus any rough finger/toe nails make that horrible scratching on polyester sound I can't stand. She likes em I hate em, what do you guys think?
P.S. Yes, I tried sticking it in her pooper, but she just keeps sliding away from me.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Satin sheets.

My wife bought some. Same story: she loved 'em, I hated 'em. I finally bought them off of her with a set of 300 thread count sheets. Made her promise that if I bought her a really nice set of sheets, I'd never have to see the satin ones again...
Old 06-26-2005, 08:53 PM

not to be a marthra stewert like snob or something. But 300 thread count sheets, are far from "really nice sheets".

The first two posters in this thread illustrated the point of satin sheets perfectly. Chicks love them. So if you need something to help your game along, buy a pair (and get a REALLY nice set of bath towels while you are at it). But yeah, otherwise satin sheets suck, and I don't like sleeping on them.

edited to add: I have a really funny satin sheets story. One of my old roomates, who was smokin hot, had this really old crappy bed. One day she found bugs in it, and threw it away. So she is without a bet. Since shes so hot, she just decides that shes going to pick one of the guys that follow her around and sleep in his bed every night until her parents sent her money for a new bed. Wanna know how she picked the guy? She went with the guy who had the nicest sheets.

This fucktard had a pair of orange satin sheets, that he told my roomate his grandma gave him right before he went off to college, so that he could have something to remind him of his family every night he was away. She died shortly after, and these sheets mean the world to him. Lol, can you believe that gay ass story? Whats even worse is when my roomate told us the story, she was cluthing her chest like she was going to cry cuz it was the sweetest thing she had ever heard.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Yes, I tried sticking it in her pooper, but she just keeps sliding away from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha
Old 06-26-2005, 09:01 PM

How high is this thread count supposed to be before you can consider them really nice?

I asked for a pair of nice sheets for Christmas, and I got I think they're 320 thread count egyptian cotton Ralph Lauren sheets. They are by far the nicest sheets I have ever slept on, and people who have slept in my bed have agreed.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:09 PM

you can get them with over a 1000 thread count.

I dont mean to sound like an ahole, that like 320 is crappy or something, cuz they arent. But I had a GF who was a huge bedding snob and turned me into one too.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:11 PM

My girl and I had some a few years back and we both disliked them. Not only do you slide around a lot of them, but the top sheet and comforter slides off the bed as well. They have since disappeared completely.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:14 PM

haha, nice avatar
Old 06-26-2005, 09:20 PM

I know they get that high, but this seems like a case of diminishing returns.

That's only a guess as I've never slept on higher than the ones I have.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha, nice avatar

[/ QUOTE ]
Between the two of us, I think we have the important parts covered.