Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Whither Abdul Jalid?

I know this thread isn't strictly covered by "Probablility," but it seemed to me that people who follow these topics are probably most likely to know about Jalid, and also people here have been very informative and kind...

So for the past month of two I've been unable to access Abdul Jalid's page, www.posev.com Given the length of time involved here and the frequency with which I've checked it seems unlikely that the page is having temporary difficulties.

So my question is, is anyone else able to go to that url? If you are then I must have other problems...but I doubt that...so does anyone know why that page isn't up and if there is anywhere else Jalid has his information?

Any information is much appreciated. Thank a lot!
Old 04-03-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Whither Abdul Jalid?

his latest site is http://www.fekali.com:3455/16/58 i believe
Old 04-03-2005, 03:03 PM

Thanks for your response. The website your url directs me to is NOT done by Abdul Jalid, though he is referenced. Nonetheless, it does have some interesting content, so thank you for sharing it.

To reiterate: does anyone get the old "Positive Expected Value Home Page" to work? It used to be found at www.posev.com

Thanks again!
Old 04-03-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your response. The website your url directs me to is NOT done by Abdul Jalid

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't and never was an "Abdul Jalid", however there was an Abdul Jalib M'Hall, and the link is his site.

eastbay
Old 04-03-2005, 10:02 PM

I don't know how closely you looked around the site before you posted but I suggest you use the link http://izmet.fekali.com/

Besides the web address indicating that the page is donw by an individual named Izmet Fekali, note that the site says "by Izmet Fekali," and looking a little lower we see that the same individual has the site copyrighted. This is NOT the website of Abdul Jalid.

Not convinced? If you click on the About There Pages link you can find the following:

"This work would not be possible without some people I respect. By studying their work, I was standing on solid ground while developing my own ideas about how to Play With the Fish. They are David Sklansky (author of the best poker book to date, Theory of Poker), Lee Jones, Bob Wilson (of Wilson Software, maker of the excellent Turbo Poker series) and Abdul Jalib M'hall, who was the first to successfully and correctly explain underlying mechanics and "why's" of Texas Hold'em. I feel that it's imperative for anybody playing serious hold'em to study his work at http://www.posev.com/poker!"

Stating the obvious here, if Abdul Jalid were running this site it would seem odd to thank himself for his help. Also, note that Jalid's original website is listed (this is the PEV site that this thread was originally about) as an entirely SEPARATE site.

As for the part about Abdul Jalid M'hall, unless I'm greatly mistaken, this is the same person who is commonly referred to as Abdul Jalid. Note the hyperlink above. Jalid is also referred to as Abdul Jalid in Lee Jones' Winning Low Limit Hold 'Em.

I hope that helps clear some things up.

To reiterate, my question is about Abdul Jalid (or about Abdul Jalid M'hall if you prefer) and his Positive Expected Value home page. I would still appreciate any information to clear this matter up.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:24 PM

This is the best that I can do...

posev archive

posev after digging around some

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co
Old 04-04-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how closely you looked around the site before you posted but I suggest you use the link http://izmet.fekali.com/

Besides the web address indicating that the page is donw by an individual named Izmet Fekali, note that the site says "by Izmet Fekali," and looking a little lower we see that the same individual has the site copyrighted. This is NOT the website of Abdul Jalid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jiminy Christmas, do you have a learning disability or something? There isn't and never was any Abdul Jalid.

Look at the top of the page of the link posted.

"Izmet Fekhali" is a pseudonym of a close associate of the person who uses the pseudonym "Abdul Jalib (b, as in boy) M'Hall."

Looks like Jalib (b, as in boy) is simply posting on Fekhali's webspace. The posev page has been dead for years anyway.

eastbay
Old 04-04-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Not convinced? If you click on the About There Pages link you can find the following:

"This work would not be possible without some people I respect. By studying their work, I was standing on solid ground while developing my own ideas about how to Play With the Fish. They are David Sklansky (author of the best poker book to date, Theory of Poker), Lee Jones, Bob Wilson (of Wilson Software, maker of the excellent Turbo Poker series) and Abdul Jalib M'hall, who was the first to successfully and correctly explain underlying mechanics and "why's" of Texas Hold'em. I feel that it's imperative for anybody playing serious hold'em to study his work at http://www.posev.com/poker!"

Stating the obvious here, if Abdul Jalid were running this site it would seem odd to thank himself for his help. Also, note that Jalid's original website is listed (this is the PEV site that this thread was originally about) as an entirely SEPARATE site.

As for the part about Abdul Jalid M'hall, unless I'm greatly mistaken, this is the same person who is commonly referred to as Abdul Jalid. Note the hyperlink above. Jalid is also referred to as Abdul Jalid in Lee Jones' Winning Low Limit Hold 'Em.

I hope that helps clear some things up.

To reiterate, my question is about Abdul Jalid (or about Abdul Jalid M'hall if you prefer) and his Positive Expected Value home page. I would still appreciate any information to clear this matter up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to go to make yourself popular and encourage others to help you.

(It's Jalib with a "b", by the way. I can see that you like to be exact in all things, or I wouldn't have bothered correcting you.)
Old 04-04-2005, 05:15 AM

http://web.archive.org/web/200306080...ldem/strategy/ was a great find, wdbaker

is everything ever written kept at web.archive.org?
Old 04-05-2005, 12:03 AM

wdbaker, many thanks.

MikeHaven and eastbay, thank you for your time also. The Fekali site is interesting. And yes, I do appreciate the correction (no matter how smug or snide). Sorry, didn't think I was coming across as being so acerbic in the second post.