Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: On the turn, my best play was to
bet 9 36.00%
check 16 64.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2004, 03:14 PM

Default Pacers-Pistons-Fans

Obviously all three parties played a part, but who do you think deserves the largest portion of the blame?

Personally, I'm saying the fans- and I am not an Artest fan.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Pacers-Pistons-Fans

the fan(s) threw gas on a dying fire. Completely out of line.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:35 PM

it's equal. wallace shove>cup throwing>punching. pistons fans got pissed because wallace did. the fan threw the cup because he felt safely protected by the crowd. Artest had already restrained himself and that was the last of the getting walked-on he was willing to put up with. None of these events happen without the shove, and that is the most understandable action of all.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:55 PM

Gotta show off the new avatar now ...
Old 11-21-2004, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I'm saying the fans- and I am not an Artest fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's that i your avatar?

The main portion of the blame should definately be on Artest. The fan was out of line to throw the cup, but if Artest just points him out he is gone, no problem. Once Artest charged into the stands thats when everthing broke down.

Artest is at fault.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:30 PM

So by your logic, it is more the fault of the person who got attacked than the drunken moron who DID the attacking. This makes no sense to me.

Sure, Artest shouldn't have gone into the stands, but that stupid "fan" sure as hell shouldn't have gone off and thrown stuff there.

Cause -> Effect.

-Edge
Old 11-21-2004, 08:38 PM

That stupid fan would have been thrown out, arrested, fined, whatever without Artest going in to attack him (and Artest didn't even know who did it).

You're as crazy as Artest if you think that the cup throwing (cause) deserved that kind of reaction (affect).
Old 11-21-2004, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So by your logic, it is more the fault of the person who got attacked than the drunken moron who DID the attacking. This makes no sense to me.

Sure, Artest shouldn't have gone into the stands, but that stupid "fan" sure as hell shouldn't have gone off and thrown stuff there.

Cause -> Effect.

-Edge

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like how you put the word "fan" into quotations like that, implying perhaps that he's not a real fan. Fan is an abbreviation for the word "fanatic" and I can't think of a bigger fanatic or fan than that dude.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:48 PM

I put the word "fan" in quotes because associating this type of drunken buffoon with those who come to the games to support their team and DON'T throw things and DON'T assault players, and generally handle themselves in a way that their team and community can look upon them with respect, that, my friend, is a true fan.

Now, if you want to split hairs about being a "fanatic", then sure, go right ahead, but I prefer to separate the much-publicized minority from the respectable, self-controlling majority of people who attend games to cheer for their favorite team.

-Edge
Old 11-21-2004, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That stupid fan would have been thrown out, arrested, fined, whatever without Artest going in to attack him (and Artest didn't even know who did it).

You're as crazy as Artest if you think that the cup throwing (cause) deserved that kind of reaction (affect).

[/ QUOTE ]

Note - The guy who threw stuff wanted a reaction. Well, he got one. Did Artest go too far? Sure, I've never denied that. But the fact is, the guy doesn't throw stuff at him, he doesn't go in the stands. That much is certain.

Again, cause and effect. A great majority of the blame for the situation goes on the unruly minority who turned the end of an NBA game into a freaking Real Madrid - Arsenal riot.

-Edge