Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2004, 10:39 AM

Default Re: I\'m A Poker Expert!

[ QUOTE ]
Even if he does just have Ace high or a small pair he's still ahead of you and will win 75% of the time. The pot by now has got large, and its heads up. Its extremely unlikely that he's going to fold on the turn given his earlier play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong here. Even though the player making this flop bet at you with ace-high or a small pair is aggressive by definition, that doesn't make him an imbecile. When you raise the flop, getting it headsup, and he calls with his cheese, then the turn is a total miss, these are precisely the types of hands that you need to bet the turn against.

This, I imagine, is exactly why Ed so adamantly requires a bet on this turn at a small-stakes online holdem table.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're in the BB. how can you buy the button?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you posted after the button.

But it's still just a call, in all but the most extreme cases.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:06 PM

I'm no expert. I missed #7 where Ed says "expect your opponents to fold relatively frequently". Sometimes I bet again on the turn, sometimes not. The games I am playing ($5/$10 and below) do NOT see the other players folding frequently. However, that is the beauty of the games, and why they can be beaten.

I'd still like to know where the games are that Ed talks about - six to the flop, weak passive, and willing to fold to a single bet or a raise on the turn or river with no showdown. Anybody know?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]