Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Slowrolling online

I think all this talk about +EV with the intention of putting the other player on Tilt is bullshiit. I think players on do this do it for their own amusement and use that +EV stuff as an excuse to cover up the fact that they are asssholes.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:33 PM

ok rape might be a bad analogy but it's at least comparable to verbally insulting someone at the table for no reason, or making fun of their weight problem/baldness/etc. just to put them on tilt.

in other words, dick move. just play solid poker, and leave the games to the kiddies
Old 10-16-2004, 03:40 PM

It's not something I'd do, just 'cause that's my moral standards. That said, I'm loathe to enforce my morals on other people. If Pop can do it (and I say this knowing him a bit, and knowing that he's a good person) and it doesn't bother him, I'm not going to tell him not to.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:47 PM

Every poker player I've ever run into who regularly pulls stunts like this is a weak and losing player who can't learn how to play well, so he tries to learn how to win with infantile tricks and ploys. These are the moves of a loser, and I've yet to see an exception. So, if you wish to be in that class of players, by all means, continue the BS.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 10-16-2004, 03:47 PM

In each sport or activity there is a code of conduct that people are expected to uphold. Slowrolling is a gross violation of the poker code of conduct.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every poker player I've ever run into who regularly pulls stunts like this is a weak and losing player who can't learn how to play well, so he tries to learn how to win with infantile tricks and ploys. These are the moves of a loser, and I've yet to see an exception. So, if you wish to be in that class of players, by all means, continue the BS.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that should just aboud end the discussion.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:00 PM

You know, in large part I agree with you, but not here.

There are rules to poker, and slowrolling isn't breaking one of them. It's dickish, sure, but I'm not going to view it as something that's 100% wrong. Mostly because I just tend to disagree with any absolute statement. There's no code of conduct that covers all of poker. There are social norms in any situation that are enforced in their own ways, but it's not a black and white issue of something being "correct" or "incorrect".

And while I agree with Greg, he's not any more of an authority on this than anybody else.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are rules to poker, and slowrolling isn't breaking one of them. It's dickish, sure, but I'm not going to view it as something that's 100% wrong. Mostly because I just tend to disagree with any absolute statement. There's no code of conduct that covers all of poker. There are social norms in any situation that are enforced in their own ways, but it's not a black and white issue of something being "correct" or "incorrect".

And while I agree with Greg, he's not any more of an authority on this than anybody else.

[/ QUOTE ]

My final statement on this is that whenever I've been slowrolled, it really makes me want to kick the guys ass. I think if you're doing things that make people want to kick your ass, you should rethink your actions.

That's all I have to say.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:30 PM

dont slowroll. ever.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:17 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

My final statement on this is that whenever I've been slowrolled, it really makes me want to kick the guys ass. I think if you're doing things that make people want to kick your ass, you should rethink your actions.

That's all I have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

now THIS should end the thread. common sense.