Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2004, 09:23 PM

Default i must be doing something wrong

i think the problem is i play too tight.
my starting hand requirements at a full table are.
AK/AQ AA-77.

I will play other big A or K in LP.

Ordinarily what happens is I get AK or AQ. Raise 4-5x BB preflop. Miss the flop and either lose half my chips chasing (which i pretty much stopped doing) or fold.

then the blinds come and come and come and come and come. soon im the short stack at the table and we are 4 or 5 handed. then the blinds are higher. my hand selection opens up a bit. i attempt a steal, get called miss flop, or get involved with a hand and lose half my stack. then im in allin/fold mode. and i move in and lose. sometimes im ahead, sometimes im behind but i always lose.

it seems over the past few weeks ive become a worse player. this has happened to me before, and ultimately i become alot stronger of a player. but right now im in that slump.

does anyone else experience this? they come up with some new plays, moves, thoughts, tactics. and then feel they are losing (perhaps doing them too much) but then later, you find the right balance and feel a stronger player?

thanks