Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2004, 06:11 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Did I miss a memo?

I was playing an $11 SNG on Party the other day, and after a couple of bad bluffs and other errors on my part, I found myself down to T40. Ok, I knew I wasn't long for the table, but I figured I'd keep scrapping until I couldn't help losing my last chip. Then one of the other players (who'd been saying "tilt" after each of my losses and making snide remarks) piped up with, "C'mon, Count, get it over with already!" (or words to that effect). I was confused, and responded, "What, I can't take 5 sec. to decide what to do?!" He then demanded that I "give away my chips". When I informed him that I intended to do what I could with what I had, he replied with "Yeah, like raising with crap?"

Well, the (almost) inevitable happened, and I busted out. But it did leave me a little upset, and I made sure to make a note on him to record the incident, and I hope to take vengeance on him later (he ended up busting out in 4th, just missing the money, which was a little satisfying; it would have been a lot satisfying if I could have staged a miracle comeback and been responsible for his elimination myself...).

But anyway, is there some etiquette rule I've missed that says if you're down below a certain amount, you're supposed to just give up and donate your chips to the table? I thought we were supposed to duke it out until forced out, not just roll over and play dead. Sheesh!

/vent

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Mike