Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: altercation w/ dealer and floor at Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I even started the conversation with "I want you to know I wasn't trying to be an a--hole". As I explained the situation to him and got no slack what so ever...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's up to me to point out to you that not everyone has the same tolerance for profanity that you do.

So far, every sentence you've said aloud in this situation starts with you swearing. In the initial dispute, you quickly drop a WTF on the dealer. Your opening line in the private conversation started with the word a-hole.

If you want to get respect, give respect. Don't swear at everyone in sight, then ask, "Why isn't anyone nice to me?"

Note that it doesn't matter how polite you think you were being. The tone of your voice is subtle; the profanity is loud and clear.

I don't suppose that out of you, the dealer, the floorman, and the floorman's boss, that you were the youngest by far? That's not a knock on young people. But I think if that's the case, it played a big part in their attitudes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to add that I suspect that you and your friends at 4am may very well have been a bit loud and inappropriate before this incident took place.
Any swear-words tossed back and forth BEFORE the hand in question?
Any drunken-loud sillyness to irk the dealer BEFORE it happened?

Given the way he jumped on your case so quickly about this I would think it's possible that he called the floor over because he was sick of your behavior IN GENERAL (not just on the single WTF comment on the hand).

Obviously I wasn't there and I don't know.
but I'm just guessing based on typical 4am group of friends live-straddling, etc.
Of course poker is supposed to be fun so this in itself shouldn't be a problem. I've just been with enough 4am groups of friends live-straddling who have been a bit over-the-top to know what is possible (plus the fact that the dealer and floor obviously didn't like you).

[/ QUOTE ]
Not at all, believe it or not. In fact, the dealer had just sat at the table a few hands ago. For what it's worth, I wasn't drinking either. I would have understood if his reaction was to an ongoing drunken-like attitude, but it struck me as so unnecessary simply because it was only to a completely passive "well that sucks, because had I known that I would have played" comment.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I guess it's up to me to point out to you that not everyone has the same tolerance for profanity that you do.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may be right. I don't hold much stock in "profanity" but a lot of people do. I do however disagree that tone of voice comes second to choice of words. I don't think the floor cared what so ever at my use of "a--hole" in private- he didn't show any signs he did, but of course he may have. Oddly enough when I said that to him his response was "no, I know..." which was about as eye to eye as we saw. Personally, I think it's completely mature of me to use language like that in private with another grown man. I don't think it had an impact on the conversation anyway. Frankly, I don't feel I should have to mince words with him after him calling me a name (which is something I didn't do to anyone involved). I feel that lacks a lot more class and respect than dropping a "wtf" or "a-hole", both of which were used without an insulting or disrespectful intent. But I guess that's just a matter of taste. Keep in mind, he insulted me at a table before ever having the pleasure of hearing most of my beautiful vocabulary. I feel I extended more courtesy to him than vice versa
Old 08-19-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The clown who 3-bet without cards needs to be atleast tossed out of the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

is anyone surprised absolutely nothing was done about this? Is it ordinary for a player who acts w/o cards to not be punished? Maybe my situation distracted the attention, but this player wasn't acknowledged what so ever by the floor nor the dealer.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The clown who 3-bet without cards needs to be atleast tossed out of the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

is anyone surprised absolutely nothing was done about this? Is it ordinary for a player who acts w/o cards to not be punished? Maybe my situation distracted the attention, but this player wasn't acknowledged what so ever by the floor nor the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably had to say "I F'in 3-bet" to get tossed out.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i got into a little situation with the floor at borgata last weekend. he was way out of line and openly insulted me in front of everyone at the table, before i had even said anything insulting. he then did the same bit where he asked me "do you want to keep playing or not?" i should have said, nah i'm done, i think i'll head over to your mother's house and see what she's up to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a problem with a real arrogant fat guy at the borg one time too. IT wasn't that I cared about the dispute, it was that he brushed me off and wouldn't listen to what i had to say.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:14 PM

Everyone here made a mistake. The other player, the dearler and you. It's your responsibility to keep track of the other players and their bets. The dealer should help you but in the end it's up to you.

By getting emotional about a trvial incident you get distracted from playing your game.

Once you realized the mistake you should have concentrated on the play of the current hand and gotten ready for the next hand. You learned nothing from this incident and it will cost you in the long run.

Focus on you own game.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:59 PM

If someone across the table from me says "I re-raise" I don't think I should have to hold-up the game and ask the dealer "Wait....is that a REAL 3-bet...or is it one of those situations where he doesn't have cards?"

Someone says "I re-raise" and I take that to mean that they re-raise.
that's why the jerk-off shouldn't have done it. Maybe his cards are just partially obscured....what do I care??
he put the chips in front of him so he obviously re-raised...didn't he???? oh well, I guess not.

You crazy trick-ster you!! you got me there!!!!
How silly of me for thinking you were actually in the hand when you put all those chips out in front of you.