Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 06-23-2005, 03:30 AM

Default GTA: San Andreas for PC; Need help

#1 Is it just me, or is shooting at people in this WAY harder than any FPS game?
#2 How the F do you get the timing down in the lowrider challaenge. When I wait until the arrow is directly inside the box, or even JUST entering the box, I always get a "too late", if i do it a bit before, it almost seems to randomly tell me bad or good, but either way, I can't beat this. In a VERY similar minigame in the Leisure Suit Larry game, I do great, and that one is MUCH faster. ANy ideas?
Old 06-23-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: GTA: San Andreas for PC; Need help

I'm playing this on Xbox, and have had no problems with what you are describing. The latest PC Gamer has a review which gave the PC version a very high score. It didn't mention any real control issues.

I'm guessing you just need to time it a bit better in the lowrider challenges. Do you also struggle with the dance challenges?

As for aiming, there should be a way to lock-on to enemies. I would be very surprised if this feature isn't in the PC version. So, locking on is obviously easy.
Crouch for better aiming while not locked on.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing this on Xbox, and have had no problems with what you are describing. The latest PC Gamer has a review which gave the PC version a very high score. It didn't mention any real control issues.

I'm guessing you just need to time it a bit better in the lowrider challenges. Do you also struggle with the dance challenges?

As for aiming, there should be a way to lock-on to enemies. I would be very surprised if this feature isn't in the PC version. So, locking on is obviously easy.
Crouch for better aiming while not locked on.

[/ QUOTE ]
FOr shooting, maybe I'm Missing something then. When I first got a gun, it said I could scroll targets with a certain key, but that never worked. This may have something to do with me changing some of the keys' functions, where there is overlap; I'll look into that.

As far as the dancing, I haven't gotten there yet. I got the Prima GTA:SA guide and it's not much help. I am trying to finish the Cesar Vilapondo mission.

Saw the PCG article, which is why i got the game, my first ever GTA.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FOr shooting, maybe I'm Missing something then. When I first got a gun, it said I could scroll targets with a certain key, but that never worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, if you are using the mouse and keyboard you lose the ability to lock onto your targets. It makes the game much more difficult in the sections where you are facing a lot of enemies. If you want to lock on you have to buy a gamepad which is very annoying, IMO.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FOr shooting, maybe I'm Missing something then. When I first got a gun, it said I could scroll targets with a certain key, but that never worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, if you are using the mouse and keyboard you lose the ability to lock onto your targets. It makes the game much more difficult in the sections where you are facing a lot of enemies. If you want to lock on you have to buy a gamepad which is very annoying, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, would this suck if true. My laptop doesn't have a slot for a gamepad... DO any gamepads come USB?
Old 06-23-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My laptop doesn't have a slot for a gamepad... DO any gamepads come USB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they're actually all USB these days.

I would also like to know if anyone has tried the both the XBOX and PS2 versions, I never finished it and was thinking of getting the new version if it was better.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
#1 Is it just me, or is shooting at people in this WAY harder than any FPS game?

[/ QUOTE ]

AUto-target is your friend. You mentioned you might have remapped, check to make sure you didnt.

[ QUOTE ]
#2 How the F do you get the timing down in the lowrider challaenge. When I wait until the arrow is directly inside the box, or even JUST entering the box, I always get a "too late", if i do it a bit before, it almost seems to randomly tell me bad or good, but either way, I can't beat this. In a VERY similar minigame in the Leisure Suit Larry game, I do great, and that one is MUCH faster. ANy ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

The trick really is to listen to the beat of the music and use that as your timing for hitting the buttons. Ive done pretty well on this mini-game using this method. I know thats sort of vague but I am pretty sure you will see what I am talking about. I really dont try to time the button in the circle precisely.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:13 AM

Anybody who played the PS2 version notice a big jump graphically with the Xbox version?

Need to see if I should pick up a copy, just dont want to waste my time if its a "port"
Old 06-23-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-23-2005, 10:26 AM

Yeah, I'm using keyboard/mouse, as it is on my laptop,(My only comp, currently.) Kinda cumbersome.