Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2004, 07:42 PM

Default Unlimited Texas Hold \'Em

I'm sure most of you have seen this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...art=1&vc=1

Well I found the http://www.unlimitedtexasholdem.com/ site pretty funny because the admin and their members had no clue what they were talking about. At first I thought it was just a joke, but after examining it a bit closer it's obvious that they're not joking around.

There are many poker fansites and books that teach newbies how to play the game however most of them are very technical and serious. I've decided to take unlimitedtexasholdem's idea and form a new website for 2+2 members and alike dedicated to get the wrong idea of poker out to the new players.

Note: I noticed some 2+2 members have already invaded unlimitedtexasholdem.com, and I thought most of our comments were pretty funny so I pasted them on the site...no worries I gave you guys credit for it all, if you have any problem with the crediting, let me know.

Anyways, all I ask is that you guys help me out with this site by participating in the articles and chat. Try to make everything as believable as possible and let's see how many newbies we can trick! If you want to be a newswritter for the site, let me know, thanks. Oh, and if you have any suggestions, feel free to email me at Canine_K9_@hotmail.com

My site is: http://unlimitedpoker.blogdrive.com/
Old 05-12-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Unlimited Texas Hold \'Em

Did anyone notice the supposed 2+2 quote on the left of the page?
[ QUOTE ]
2+2 member on 11 May : 18:32
I think we (2+2) should back off guys. These Unlimited members are too good for us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-12-2004, 07:59 PM

It's definately a parody site though.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:01 PM

I like the admin article coming soon.

For everyone out there in TV land. If you didn't know they show poker on TV every week. It is called the World Poker Tours.

They even have a hot chick on there. Shawna Highit.

Lori
Old 05-12-2004, 08:03 PM

Luckily the proof of the spoof:

The point of this article is that experts don't want you to play 72 offsuit because they know it is actually a good hand

Lori
Old 05-12-2004, 08:13 PM

That site is obviously a joke. Just look at the spelling and syntax.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:20 PM

If you're talking about the unlimitedtexasholdem site then you're wrong, the owner is totally serious about his site, his objective is not to give the wrong impression of poker to new players like what I'm trying to do on my site http://unlimitedpoker.blogdrive.com/

Alright, it's good that you all are visiting the real site, but could you guys help me out on my site http://unlimitedpoker.blogdrive.com/ (which is meant to be a joke).
Old 05-12-2004, 08:24 PM

Go away!
Old 05-12-2004, 08:41 PM

On the site it says that Party is a place where a lot of Super Dooper players play and to watch out for it. Shouldn't you be encouraging your intended targets to join Party?

Also, some of the things are too over the top, like saying that fish means the best player at the table. If you want to be serious about poisoning the fountain of knowledge you have to intersperse the really dangerous advice with some truth otherwise its too obvious.

I think you should give all the basics and terminology in their true form and then give ass backwards strategic advice. Not simply give the opposite meaning to everything in poker.

Here's what I would think would be good advice:

Pocket aces are the best hand in the game, but ONLY after they improve. Pocket aces only hold up about 1 in 5 times against loose callers. For this reason you should minimize the amount of $$ invested with them preflop. Just call preflop and then if an ace doesnt flop and there is a raise you should probably get out as this is likely one of those 80% of the time that your aces are beaten.

If you manage to make it to the turn with unimproved aces and the turn makes either a flush or straight possible then you MUST get out. At lower limits with more than 3 players to the flop the chances of someone having a straight or flush are simply too high for you to invest 2 or more bets with only top pair.

If you reach the river with unimproved pocket Aces (which should be rare) and you do not improve to a set...GET OUT IMMEDIATELY. A single pair is only good between 5 and 10% of the time when 3 or more players see the flop.

This is not to say that pocket Aces are not a valuable hand. Indeed the are, but only AFTER they improve to a set. If you flop a set with Aces, YOU HAVE AN EXTREMELY POWERFUL HAND. Your hand is so strong in fact that you don't want to let the other players know you have such a big hand so early on in the hand. Since the flop bets are only 1/2 as big as turn bets you should check and call on the flop to disguise your hand.

On the turn you ALSO should check and call to induce as many calls as possible and not scare off players until you can extract the maximum on the river.

Now, once you reach the river with your set or even fullhouse of aces you can start to bring the hammer down. You should now be in perfect position to use the most devastating move in all of poker...THE CHECK RAISE. Check your monster hand on the river and if someon bets, raise them. Now they will likely call you and you have won yourself a lovely pot. If they raise you however you should probably just call as they may have a straight-flush or the like.

Feel free to include that one on your site. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2004, 08:46 PM

Wow, those are some very good suggestions blackaces13. I'll make sure I add that into the site. And about the definitions, that's very true, I'll have to fix things up a bit.

Hey btw, you're a golfer too? Awesome, I love golfing, I just came back from a round of golf.