Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2004, 12:26 AM

Default Saw your SS vs. ITH tourny on Stars, and...

you gotta be kidding. I checked out the ITC site and it looks like a majority of the posts are made by either 12 year olds or people that have a whole 5 hours of playing experience. You SSer's should be able to crush them.

Example: I mean, are you serious?

Old 04-09-2004, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Saw your SS vs. ITH tourny on Stars, and...

My first reply was if the SSers played Go Fish, we'd win.

2+2 rocks.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 04-09-2004, 12:37 AM

They're using Bison's converter.

Bison is da man!
Old 04-09-2004, 12:45 AM

That was funny as heck man... I kept giving them the benefit of doubt ... but then I'd read something even stupider further down the thread....
Old 04-09-2004, 01:01 AM

i think i just pulled a grannie mae and soiled myself. the best part in the thread is where another poster asks "are you playing for real money?".
Old 04-09-2004, 01:30 AM

I was browsing through some of the posts and they are about the most weak-tight bunch I've ever seen. I'm sure glad I found this board when I was starting out instead of something like that.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you gotta be kidding. I checked out the ITC site and it looks like a majority of the posts are made by either 12 year olds or people that have a whole 5 hours of playing experience. You SSer's should be able to crush them.

Example: I mean, are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

The mere fact that you posted this suggests that you are the 12 yo. I read and post on several boards on the net and these types of posts remind me of RGP or any other newsgroup for that matter. Little kids flaming each other.

The funny part is seeing it in relation to the game of poker. It would be a little different if it was some physical sport or a solved game...but poker? give me a break.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:53 AM

Come on dude, lighten up a little. I can't believe you are so hurt by these comments. Also, I think it's silly to NOT to view poker as being worthy of intense competition. I defy you to find a single decent poker player who lacks a competitive fire. Trash talk is all part of it man! Discount poker just because it isn't physical or a solved game? Give me a break.

Schaefer

P.S. As far as, "Little kids flaming each other," we aren't flaming each other. We're flaming the enemy !
Old 04-09-2004, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on dude, lighten up a little. I can't believe you are so hurt by these comments. Also, I think it's silly to NOT to view poker as being worthy of intense competition. I defy you to find a single decent poker player who lacks a competitive fire. Trash talk is all part of it man! Discount poker just because it isn't physical or a solved game? Give me a break.

Schaefer

P.S. As far as, "Little kids flaming each other," we aren't flaming each other. We're flaming the enemy !

[/ QUOTE ]

Far from "hurt" (I wasn't even close to upset when posting that). I agree about competition. The problem with trash talk is you could be the best player in the bunch and you may be tucking your tail between your legs because you just didn't get the cards. I think I have made the point clear enough already.

I don't mind fun and games in the spirit of competition. However, it can be taken too far. Especially, in the game of poker. It isn't like you have some magic to make sure you get good cards. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I have seen crappy players beat plenty of good players.