Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 01:07 AM

Default IMHO, it\'s timing

I've seen the bug 2 or 3 times. I have an ATI; but I do not believe that it has anything to do with graphics whatsoever.

Are you playing multiple tables at the time?

IMHO, it's timing or logic related - the server is waiting for you to send a message; but your client hasn't yet been informed that you rae able to specify an input.

There's some tiny window of time over which the misalignments of probably 3 separate entities (a couple of threads in a program, and a message) misalign such that the message is discarded and then the program spends forever waiting for the message (until it gets the message from the server that you timed out and were thrown out).

Old 04-07-2004, 01:21 AM

Default Re: IMHO, it\'s timing

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

21000 hands at party in the last 3 months, more than half of them while 3 tabling. I've never had the problem or at least never noticed it.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:34 PM

It is definitely flawed software. Strange Party is the only online poker software with this problem. I don't think they will find the bug anytime soon.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen the bug 2 or 3 times. I have an ATI; but I do not believe that it has anything to do with graphics whatsoever.

IMHO, it's timing or logic related - the server is waiting for you to send a message; but your client hasn't yet been informed that you rae able to specify an input.

There's some tiny window of time over which the misalignments of probably 3 separate entities (a couple of threads in a program, and a message) misalign such that the message is discarded and then the program spends forever waiting for the message (until it gets the message from the server that you timed out and were thrown out).

[/ QUOTE ]
You actually can tell when the bug is "ready" to happen. What happens to me for the past 3 days, is after about 250-300 hands, the "time remaining" countdown changes from 19 to 7... or even as small as 4 seconds. So as soon as someone else's turn begins, the countdown starts at 7 or 4. Now in reality they have the full 20 seconds, it's just my client counts down to 0 and then just waits for them to complete their action.

The problem is when it's MY turn to act, the timer starts at either 7 or 4 seconds... but if I don't act within those 7 or 4 seconds, my buttons dissappear (F-keys don't work, and I cannot click where the buttons are supposed to be).

So as soon as I see the countdown starting at 7 or 4 seconds (rather than 19), then I immediately finish my orbits, log out, and log back-in.

I was thinking it might be possible to just reboot the computer. When I reboot I can log back in and the client should take me to all my tables automatically....
Old 04-08-2004, 01:26 AM

Ya, I noticed this too. Timer starts at 7 seconds for everyone. I just got to the point where I make all my decisions at 3 shorthanded tables within 1-2 seconds and I won't get the bug. When I uncheck the auto post blinds button, and the BB comes to me, I'll almost always get it though.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:43 AM

Yup, me too. 100% of the time when the table is showing 7 seconds to act, I unclick auto-post-blind (so that I can close that table when that orbit is complete), and it hangs on me with no buttons everytime. I just exit the table at that point.