Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Not a bragging post

BB is more loose than aggressive from what I have seen although his numbers are 75/25/1 over only 30 hands

CO is 45/16/2 after 100 hands

Thoughts on the preflop call and comments on the turn appreciated. I thought there was a real good chance CO would bet if I checked to him but even if I get off the checkraise successfully that forces BB to call 2 cold.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO folds.

River: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 11-16-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Not a bragging post

Both preflop actions are really basic and frankly it's not good that you're asking about them.

I don't like the flop in combination with the turn. If you're going to set up a c/r, do it. If you think the turn will get checked through, just lead the flop or c/r in that spot.

Assuming the CO has a hand like 88, does he bet the turn after you and the BB have both called?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:54 PM

This all looks standard.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:58 PM

yes 100% of the time, although he raises 88 100% of the time also so I thought there was a pretty good chance he had zero and would check the turn
Old 11-16-2005, 04:51 PM

This is almost identical to the hand quiz in SSH where u flop a set of 2's. The book says to play it exactly like u did. NH
Old 11-16-2005, 05:05 PM

I would have check/called or maybe check/raised the turn assuming at least one of them would bet. Does this not make sense?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:27 PM

i didnt read the replies to this, but that was intentional. i really dont like the flop/turn combination at all. If your flop play is setting up a c/r it makes sense, but if youre going to bet out the turn why not 3bet the flop? preflop looks good. and you gotta bet the river with quads baby! nice.

rj
Old 11-16-2005, 05:50 PM

Other than maybe 3-betting the flop, I play it the same.

Preflop. With a LAG BB PFR, you are a little less worried about domination and your flush draw outs are good. CO will also pad the pot. With LAG players your Post Flop EV is higher. Plus you are closing the action. I like the call.

I like a flop check/raise line, because it will hardly ever get checked through. When it is two bets to you, it is tricky because you want to keep BB in, I think sometimes a 3-bet could be okay. BB does seem like a calling station.

I like the turn and river donks because I don't want to miss bets if it is checked through and there is a possibility of CO raising again.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:52 PM

Looks perfect.

Betting into the pre-flop raiser here on the flop likely kills your action. So I like the check. Originally, I would intend to check-raise, but when it's two back to you a three-bet is essentially giving your hand away and will very likely shut out the pre-flop raiser (and possibly the flop raiser) if they don't have the case K. So I like the two-bet cold-call.

On the turn, I like the bet. Check-raising only gives people an easy opportunity to fold and risks letting the flop check-through. You likely face both players with too cold.

So your line is the correct one in my opinion.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:54 PM

I love it. Donking is the new slowplaying. I think it's too bad that a J came on the turn instead of something more innocuous, otherwise I think there's a decent chance that you get raised and can 3-bet.