Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 05:07 AM

Default Re: 30-60 hand - mike l thinks I blew one street

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he argued check-call and convinced me of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me: At first glance I thought checking the river to induce a bluff was better. Upon further reflection I've decided that betting is better.

Zee: river is a must bet. he aint gonna bluff after all that. but who knows what might call you. plus you would rather not show this hand if possible.

I just wanted to point out how much I rule.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have 13 bets strange preflop assuming no cap behind you. Conventional wisdom is that you need to believe that you can make another 17 bets postflop to make the preflop call with 66 worthwhile.

I think it's a bad call preflop but I make it all the time 'cause I absolute couldn't stand folding if a 6 happens to hit the flop...heh..the money I will lose on subsequent hands while steaming dwarfs the error made by calling with 66 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love small sets *almost* as much as you but I wouldn't want to call three (or four) bets cold with only three opponents. Give me two more opponents and I'd like it but not by a lot. For Clarkmeister or anybody to make this call BTF you have to have very accurate reads on your opponents AND play superbly postflop AND have things break your way (when you don't flop a set). I know I'm not a good enough reader or post flop player so I fold.

That said, the discussion in this thread is fascinating. I miss having the time to participate as much as I used to but hey, 2+2 is a big city now and sometimes it's easy to get lost and overwhelmed [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] In any event, I've taken up some of the activities we recently discussed and that takes time too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 02-03-2005, 08:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barron said

[/ QUOTE ]

Never did I think it would be a problem with TWO dudes being named "Barron" on this board. DcfrThs is this Barron in question, whereas I'm the other Barron. Or the second Barron. But Barron still.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 02-03-2005, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"I would like to see Clarkmeister or El Diablo post a fictitious hand that is just abysmally played on all streets, and supported with the most half-baked yet plausible-sounding reasons for each decision, just to see how many posters supported the decisions."

[/ QUOTE ]

excuse me but um.. that's my job here.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah mike but the problem is people know it is your job.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For all of us who've played many, many hands, very ,very well, but chose to post only those that made us look like clueless, absent minded fishes, with all due respect, grow a pair and press the submit button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi SA125,

Your suggestion has been duly noted and will be taken under advisement.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah mike but the problem is people know it is your job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you at the meeting when this was discussed? They really need to hand out nametags.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 02-03-2005, 10:33 AM

check the river?
Old 02-03-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Barron said that when he played with you, you were much tighter than the forum thinks.

Hmmm . . .

When I've played with him, I've found him much looser than the forum thinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny because I think I'm much less aggressive, especially postflop, than the forum thinks.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> It's because fit or fold just doesn't work once the pot gets large. </font>

I agree you just can't assume you are beat when an over card hits on the flop but with that much action if i made the "call" PF I would really probably be shooting for the flop to hit me in some pretty decent way otherwise I know three loose and/or aggressive people in the pot with me would make it hard to play the hand HU.

<font color="red">Here's one for you -

Crazy raising guy raises UTG and you've seen him do this with JTo. You 3-bet with AdQh. LAG 4-bets on the button. Unknown kid who you've only seen play 3 hands in 2 hours coldcalls 3 (!) in the BB. Lag calls.

Flop is 3h4h8d, checked to button who bets, kid comes to life and checkraises, UTG folds. What do you do? </font>

Well if I was the loose guy UG and I had JTo again I would probably be hoping for a 9 on the turn and if I was the LAG who had a tendency to slow play big hands PF anyway, and I had 75 of hearts I would probably be pretty excited about that flop. Me on the other hand would probably think you didn't have AA or KK since you didn't cap it PF witch would mean mid to low pair or flush draw. so if I had two big cards with maybe a backdoor flush draw I would might be thinking three bets myself. Maybe I can get HU with position and a chance a free card maybe on the turn if I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this. So you won't take a silver platter opportunity to shut out the field with a reasonably likely best hand for 2 bets, but you're more than happy to make it 3 bets with almost certainly *not* the best hand that could have tainted reverse dominated Ace outs, a non-nut runner one card flush draw, and with a lag still behind you and the action far from closed?

huh?