Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Question for Borg players

I just got off the line with reservations, and they're saying that there aren't any poker room rates available during the Open. My plan was to roll into town on the 11th or 12th, play a prelim and some sats for the 10k, but mainly put in some serious hours at 10-20 LHE cash for four days or so. Anybody think it's possible that someone from the poker room staff would have the sway to hook me up since I play in a time charge game? I only play there a few times a year.

If anybody knows someone in particular to ask for, thanks in advance.

If things don't work out, I'll stay next door. I'm assuming carless transportation between Harrahs and the Borg is decent, but if I'm in error, kindly let me know.

I'm down with noodle bar strategy sessions too.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Re: Question for Borg players

I've never heard of someone getting a room at the poker rate if it was not booked as such. I've heard of multiple people getting denied when they requested. I would think they would open more rooms during the Open but it sounds like they are using the standard block.

Hopefully they allocate more poker rooms in a couple years when the new tower opens up.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:17 AM

I booked a room at the poker rate during the Open for the weekend of the 16th and 17th, and had no problems. I don't think since you play in a 10/20 game, you're going to get hooked up/extra consideration....
Old 08-10-2005, 08:42 AM

Have you or anyone else played any of these events? I'm considering putting up a grand for one of the smaller ones. What's the side action like? I heard big high limit games...what's the room like during this time?

Thanks,
Jeff