Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Brand-New, So Humor Me

Okay, first, a few Captain Obvious Questions that aren't covered in FAQ because they are probably too dumb. Is your number of posts (that tallies up under your name on replies) built up with replies or original posts only? And what does TPTK mean? And is there a way to show only the original post when combing the threads (as is the setup in Something Awful forums)?

After that, let me introduce myself, since 2+2 seems to have some nice members (a shock after the Something Awful forums). I am 18 and would like to get into Internet Poker. I have skimmed a couple books on poker and find Sklansky the most helpful so far (even though i have not broken page 60 of TOP). I generally feel too green to start serious poker. I have a hookup with poker books, but it is not unlimited, so if i am interested in building up a nifty library to start me off, can anyone recommend 8 books? Price is no object as i have a hook-up at a local B&N. I already own TOP and HFAP, as well as Caro's poker tells. 5 or 6 more please?
Also, are any 2+2ers going to UF? I start there in the fall, at which time i expect to start playing online poekr. So far i have only played live poker with my friends. I am currently up 170 dollars, a nifty suitcase and a blowtorch. Because my friends are retarded and refuse to play anything but winner-take-all NL HE tourneys, i have only had to pony up a total of 20 dollars for buy-ins.
Any thoughts, answers, questions, advice, or scolding for writing so much?
PS: 1.Is Dynasty a bot or a person?
2. Do any famous poker players post here?
3. How do i make it so that replies to me are emailed to me?

I sincerely appreciate anyone knowledgeable taking their time out to respond. Oh man, one more question, considering the tounrament structure described above, how could i crush a game of fish when i am a semi-fish myself and cannot read anyone at all?(neither can any of my friends)
Game i will probably Play in all summer long:NLTE Tournament, 5 dollar fantasy buy-in, second place money back, first place everything else. Tables are 7 people max, up to two full tables some time. Also, blinds rise agonizingly slow. Am i right to assume i have won 2/3 due to luck?
I will be playing these games and a small cash game only this summer.

(Last thing i SWEAR). ?Anyways, if there is a UF 2+2er or two out there, please PM me or something or tell me your AIM sn. When i get to UF i want to follow that Homer guideline to bonues whore myself up to 1000 dollars but i am not terrifically computer savvy and need advice/help. I am burning my eyes out reading the beginner questions posts all day, also, if any of you were going to recommend that.

If you have read all the way down to here, congratulations! You know my life story! please help me along my way by commenting something.