FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Too Passive?

Criticize away please.

Flop raise ok or should I slow play?

3-bet the turn or calling down ok?

Thanks.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

River: (17.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB
Old 06-29-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Too Passive?

Flop raise g00t. Hearts and Q's and maybe K's will call ( you know how fish love that call button)
I'd probally reraise the turn---or..raise a blank non heart non 9TJ river card.. Meh, raising the turn is better, I think you still have the best hand here. He has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A or KK(one [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) alot of the time here..or even something like A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J. So i think a raise on the turn is probally in order with BB trapped.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:03 AM

I made a fold on the turn here this weekend in a very similar hand in a 13BB pot and I &lt;b&gt; still &lt;/b&gt; am thinking about that hand and wish I could go back and call instead of fold!
Old 06-29-2005, 12:06 AM

heh. Just don't get into the habit of folding the nut straight now :P. If there wa more action on this hand we can consider folding, but it's just BB who 3-bet preflop. We probally hear from JJ on the flop, so i really think that villan has an overpair with a heart draw, or AKs, in which case you are screwed. Anyhow, with BB in the middle raising sounds good to me.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:10 AM

Here are the results. Turns out, button was playing
almost any 2 cards aggressively no matter what. Needless
to say, he was broke in a few orbits.

Results below: <font color="blue">
BB has Ks Kh (two pair, kings and nines).
Hero has Qs Kc (straight, ace high).
Button has 9s 4c (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.25 BB. </font>
Old 06-29-2005, 12:33 AM

Fly,
Can you explain the rationale for raising KQo UTG? I'm also trying to understand if this is a profitable hand to play UTG. I think not, but am learning so reason for my questions.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fly,
Can you explain the rationale for raising KQo UTG? I'm also trying to understand if this is a profitable hand to play UTG. I think not, but am learning so reason for my questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the short answer is that you have a pretty serious equity edge against the random microlimiter pf-calling hand. While this play is debatable at higher levels (IIRC?), IMO it's profitable at any micro table worth sitting at.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:53 AM

Thanks, makes sense to consider what others would stay in with in microlimits. A raise, one could surmise, from UTG may drive out hands such as small pocket pairs or AXo that could kill you later.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:42 AM

I like the flop raise. I would 3 bet the turn.