Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Weak TP, weak kicker - How do you play this?

Sorry, hand converter is not working well, but basically, everyone except Hero, UTG, and MP3 are in the hand.

No reads on UTG. MP3 seems passive post flop and seen him just call down with draws and mid to low pps.

I don't really know how to play these hands. Is betting out
with this correct? Or is this what SSHE calls 'reverse implied odds'?

Should I have have bet out again on the turn since I bet the flop? If UTG had folded on the flop, I would have continued, but I chickened out and gave up.

Thanks.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">UTG calls, 4 folds, MP3 calls</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG bets, MP3 folds.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Weak TP, weak kicker - How do you play this?

Can you fix the hand? If the turn is not a mistake, you should be betting it and then following with a river bet.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:17 PM

Given that nobody in the hand has bet on the turn, I think your turn fold might be kind of weak-tight.

I'd probably lead-fold it and reevaluate on the river; if this were a rainbow flop, the decision becomes more complicated but I think you're still best a good amount of the time given the play up to this street.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:52 PM

Edit your post so the turn makes sense. I'm assuming UTG bets, MP3 calls. You have to bet the turn. What are you putting UTG at that's better than what you've got? If he had a higher pair he would have raised you post-flop. Why are you worried about your kicker? Do you think he has an 8 with a higher kicker? What sort of hand would he have called preflop with? What about the turn scared you? There is nothing intimidating about a 5. You said weak top pair....this seems to be intrinsically contradictory, especially considering the board and the lack of strength the others to the flop have shown. Weak in comparison to what? UTG having a higer pair? He surely would have raised preflop and raised post-flop. On that board your hand is VERY strong. Bet Bet BET.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:52 PM

Sorry, on the Turn, Hero checks, UTG bets.

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:53 PM

I'm betting all the way with this until someone shows some aggression. Then prob. call down. I would think them all to more likely to have overcards than a better 8 or a 4.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:57 PM

Bet
Bet
Bet
Old 08-28-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he had a higher pair he would have raised you post-flop. Why are you worried about your kicker? Do you think he has an 8 with a higher kicker? What sort of hand would he have called preflop with? What about the turn scared you? There is nothing intimidating about a 5. You said weak top pair....this seems to be intrinsically contradictory, especially considering the board and the lack of strength the others to the flop have shown. Weak in comparison to what? UTG having a higer pair? He surely would have raised preflop and raised post-flop. On that board your hand is VERY strong. Bet Bet BET.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Stretch. Yeah, you're right. He probably would have raised with any pair above 8 pf, except maybe 99. I should have just bet bet bet!