Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2002, 03:56 PM

Default Jim Brier - A Guy that Must a Lot of Heart

I've got a new term (at least I haven't come across it before) called "forum appropriate." I didn't post this on the Mid & High stakes hold'em forum because I wanted to be "forum appropriate" or may a better term is "forum correct."

Jim Brier is getting dissed a little bit on the hold'me forum I mentioned and I just wanted to say that I think Jim must be a guy with the intangible quality referred to as "heart." To me a player that has "heart" has both an inordiante amount of guts and has an incredible desire to win. Don't think I'm right? What other poster has made as many posts about hands where they screwed up and screwed them up so badly? He does it to get better and if you think it's easy to take a hard look at your mistakes and have them scrutinized by so many I think you should take note of how few do it and do it so honestly and openly. In my mind it shows a great desire to win. Yes I find fault with some of what Jim states about poker and at times I feel he is being stubborn but I don't find fault with that much and who among us is perfect anyway?
Old 02-05-2002, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Jim Brier - A Guy that Must a Lot of Heart

Well said, Tom. I have never met Jim; I have sometimes disagreed with his advice posted here and in his columns. But no one was more gentlemanly and dedicated to helping than he was when he posted here. A class act, period.

He helped put a man on the moon, so I'm sure he can take the heat.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:45 PM

Backdoor called Jim the most altruistic poster here...I agree wholeheartedly.
Old 02-05-2002, 09:41 PM

Default Altruistic posters....

I guess I just wanted to take timeout to say thanks... I have been coming here for a little over a year and just wanted to say thanks for some thought provoking and entertaining posts and some excellent advice.

In particular I'd like to thank :

Internet Gambling : MS Sunshine and Chris Alger

Other gambling games : wildbill

Tournaments : Greg Raymer

Other Topics : Andy Fox, M, HDPM, SPM, Chris Alger (again) and Vince

and for running the whole shebang,

Thanks to Mason, David and Chuck.

Ok...enough grovelling lol

Cheers,

Keith
Old 02-05-2002, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Altruistic posters....

I would add Rick Nebiolo to the list for other topics and for his play of the hand contributions. He is well spoken and a gentleman.

Alden Chase (tyro)
Old 02-06-2002, 12:02 AM

Default maby I dont play for enough money

I would also like to think Dave in Cali, for his help in understanding how to play the poor mooks whoes entertainment dollar has helped pay my tuition. I think more than any other poster here he understands the low limit mentality, that makes 3-6 so different from 30-60.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:27 AM

Default Re: maby I dont play for enough money

Good posts.. Sometimes it seems like Im the only non expert here when I read these things

Fred G Sanford
Old 02-06-2002, 02:58 AM

Default The altruistic posters

They deserve a round of applause. They make the forum.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:08 AM

Default Re: maby I dont play for enough money

"Sometimes it seems like Im the only non expert here when I read these things "

Aaaah, don't you worry about that Fred. You're in good company - we're all just bluffing...

G
Old 02-06-2002, 11:34 AM

I agree too. Got to give you a nod for myself as well, Andy; particularly on the Other Topics forum.

I love the way these forums have evolved, with class acts all over, whether they agree with Mason or not. It's great for me, a middle of the pack chump (probably flattering myself there).

Where is JB anyway?