Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 06-24-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: 2001fp is too narrow

do you use windows blinds, or any other type program that makes the skin of the window look fancy? If you use XP, right click the desktop go to properties and click on the windows classic theme and see if that helps.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got a 2001fp yesterday, that great $460 deal. I hooked it up, and it's too narrow! Can't four-table without overlap on it...the empire windows go off the right edge a little.

I've got a GeForce4 Ti4600 that has one DVI and one analog output, a Viewsonic VP201b is running off the DVI, and the 2001fp is running on the analog.

I spent a little over an hour looking for stuff on Dell's site, but it looks like it really sucks. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what to say, I have space for 4 party windows with just enough room to run winamp in minimode at the top of my screen. I don't think I have any room to spare horizontally, but I have no overlap at all.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:49 PM

When connected to the DSUB port and operating in analog mode you can resize the screen. Use the OSD menu on the monitor and you should be able to make the adjustments you need to fix the problem.

This will not work when connected to the DVI port!
Old 06-25-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's not "stretched", is it? like the start button running off the left side and the clock off the right at the edges? If so, this is solved with the buttons on the monitor

[/ QUOTE ]
On an LCD screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Afffirmative. I'm not familiar with the dells but analog panels still have actual buttons.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's not "stretched", is it? like the start button running off the left side and the clock off the right at the edges? If so, this is solved with the buttons on the monitor

[/ QUOTE ]
On an LCD screen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Afffirmative. I'm not familiar with the dells but analog panels still have actual buttons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so on LCDs.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:20 PM

analog panels have to have some way to change the regular "stretch" settings, whether buttons or some sort of software. The two LCD panels in my house (one analog only, one DVI/analog) by LG have buttons. YMMV.
Old 06-25-2005, 07:10 PM

I call B.S., show me stretching buttons on an LCD monitor.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:38 PM

Buster is right as far as the 2001fp is concerned, the buttons will reposistion the monitor but not resize it. I made an earlier post in this thread that you could resize, but checked again after seeing Buster's post and you can reposition but not resize. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Thanks for the heads up Buster if you hadn't posted I would have continued to think you could resize the screen.

I reread the original post in this thread and reposition might be what the poster needs since his table was running off the side.

If that doesn't fix the problem you can try resetting the monitor on all settings, that seems to be what the manual suggest.

Check the nvidia website and download the latest drivers, there are settings available that might help fix your problem. My video card is a different model than yours but they share the same driver download, so you may or may not get the same options.