Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: How did you get that big stack?

[ QUOTE ]
What secrets do you think are out there to be found?

[/ QUOTE ]

Acesover I know there are no real secrets but was hoping for some good stories and maybe some insight. I think they are rushes gone wild. I have had some short lived rushes but never any sustained wins.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, That huge stack is either a very good player who plays agressive with the right hands or he is a nut.

[/ QUOTE ]
I quit playing PLO8 because every time I hit a great hand half the pot went elsewhere. In one pot I remember putting $150, splitting and my profit was $1.50! Talk about pissing in the wind!

[ QUOTE ]
take value with non-nuts hand

[/ QUOTE ]
thenlguru-- I tried that on a second nut hand last night and it cost me $40! LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2005, 03:55 AM

At the party poker $25 buy in games it is not uncommon to have between 4-6 people go all in on a single hand, creating at least 1 large stack (sometimes 2, due to side pots). Interestingly, 2 large stacks will often collide and go all in pre-flop specifically because 1 or more small stacks pushed the action. For example, a large stack may raise small, 4 or 5 callers, then a $25 stack will go all in, then the large stack will call or raise pot, and everyone else, including another large stack, will call all in because pot committed. (Actually, they probably go all in because they want to gamble and potentially quintiple up, and the fact they are actually getting correct odds due to all the dead money from the initial calls is of secondary concern)
Old 02-24-2005, 11:22 PM

heh, i'm in the middle of my biggest PLO session ever on stars right now...1/2 PL table - bought in for 150 and am up to 1500 - have been running pretty well but also continuing to play aggressively - hit a few big hands in the beginning, lost a few, then hit a few bigger ones (~300) to build to around 900 ...the table continues to fill with people who have no clue how to play the game, and who are fantastic at telling you via massive overbets that they've made the nuts so not getting caught in drawing hands is much easier - once i got to about 500 i have been able to use the stack to push around the smaller stacks who buy in for the minimum or just over the minimum - it's almost like tourney play - just continuing to build...
Old 02-25-2005, 03:07 PM

how do you overbet with the nuts in PLO?
Old 02-25-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It may be a purely psychological edge but when I see him raise the entire pot preflop on every hand he plays and then repot it on the flop I know I am going to have my entire stack in there if I want to play a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a wonderful situation for you actually. Do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]