Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2002, 03:23 PM

Default the rake got me

like anyone cares, but the rake got me, and I'll have to take a hiatus from poker for a while. In a winning year, too. Now, WTF is 2d talking about? Uncle Sam came a calling, and the 30(ish)% rake with no max has taken my BR.

long story short, some stocks were sold in our names (wife's name, by wife's parents), and our capital gains were way higher than anticipated. Hmmm. I have a few grand in cash laying around the house (not anymore), and a bill for...guess what, a few grand. That's the beauty thing about being an amateur. your BR is cash, and not BR. way more liquid than a pro's.

Things to do while I save the paychecks:

fish more. Man I need this.

play 15-30 on a $40 buy in (start at 1-2 and work up in one day). I've always wanted to try this.

Actually study. I have two semesters to go on my MBA, and lord knows that I've been neglecting my studies.

fish more. (did I already say this?=)). Trout season is starting, the halibut are in, stripers are starting to nose around, and, before you know it, the bass will be off the beds (don't fish to spawning fish, regardless of the species).

Boris, I'm headed to Chrissy field on Saturday morning to mess with the 'Butts. Probably windy, so I'll be throwing leadhead jigs on a spinner. check it out if your around.