Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Posts: n/a
Default tax question: Canadian studying in the US

Sorry if this sort of question has come up before (I couldn't find it though). I am a Canadian doing a PhD in Boston. I get a stipend and have a US bank account and SSN, but I pay taxes on the stipend in Canada based on a tax treaty. I am usually in Canada for 5 months per year. As it stands I have a US Neteller account hooked up to my US bank account. I am wondering whether I can/should change this to a Canadian one in order to avoid tax liability in the states. I have been playing for about a year but this is only starting to become an issue now that I'm making significant money through poker. Any advice is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.